Chapter 5

I kept gasping for breath as I ran away from the circus. As I started to hear more footsteps, my pace increased. I soon look back, noticing he's nowhere to be seen. But I couldn't stop. I ran into a hotel, going to the elevator I quickly pressed the button to go up. The door opened and I ran in, pressing the close button. The elevator finally closed, and I sighed in relief. I finally got away from him. All of a sudden, I hear a gunshot. I gasp, my heart beating faster and faster. The door slowly opened as I saw my brother standing there with a huge grin on his face.

"Hiya sis. Found you." He said laughing. He motioned two men behind him. They walk towards me slowly, then grab me. I try to fight back, but then get a needle in my arm. Everything blacked out after that. I woke up later on, realizing I was tied to a chair. I struggled to get out, when suddenly, he came in. "Ha ha ha. Finally! You're awake! I was worried you were dead! And we can't have you dead now!" He said, laughing.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Well, I'm doing this because I wanted to prove to you my point."

"What point?"

"That you're insane like me." He said with a grin on his face.

"And how are you going to prove that?"

"Oh, by doing this." He says, then sprays some sort of gas in my face. I cough as he unties me from the chair. I fall to the floor, trying to fight back the gas. "Don't fight it. Breath it in. Show your insanity!" He says. All of a sudden, I started chuckling, then laughing. I continue to laugh and laugh and laugh. I grab a knife and start cutting my lips. I then knew, I was truly insane...

I wake up, realizing it was all a horrible nightmare. I will never be insane like Jerome.  I will always be sane...

"Dinnertime! Everyone get out of their cells!" The cell doors open, and I slowly walk out. I look around, seeing if Jerome was anywhere near me. I want to stay away from him. At least, right now. Not that I don't enjoy seeing him, but with the dream I had, I don't know if I can trust him. I walk into the cafeteria. I search for Barbara, since she's the only friend I got here. I then spotted her, I smile and walk towards her. I immediately stopped.

"Hiya gorgeous, I'm Jerome." I sigh, then walk to an open table. I sit down, and start eating my dinner. An older man walks over and sits next to me.

"Hey there pretty."

"Hey..." I said softly.

"My name's Greenwood. Robert Greenwood."

"Jersey. Jersey Valeska."

"Oh, so the rumors are true."

"What rumors?"

"You're Jerome's little sister."

"Yeah... I am."

"I heard you helped him kill your mother."

"Yeah, I did."

"You know why I got sent here?"

"No..."

"I ate a dozen women..." He says as a huge grin appears on his face. He starts leaning towards me, I honestly have no idea what the hell he's doing.

"Hey!" Someone shouts. We both turn around and see Jerome.

"What do you want Jerome?" Greenwood asks.

"Stay away from my sister."

"Why? We were just starting to have fun." He starts to put his arm around my waist. I elbow his lung, and he falls back. "Oh, you wanna start now, do ya?" He grabs me and I struggle to get out.

"Let me go!" I scream. Jerome grabs him and punches him in the face. I run to the corner and sit down. Greenwood swings, but misses. Jerome then kicks him to the ground, leaving Greenwood unconscious.

"I told you, stay away from her." He says. Jerome walks over to me, seeing me in tears. "You okay?" He asks.

"Yeah. Thanks for saving me." I said.

"No problem. If he comes towards you again, shout for me okay?"

"Okay." I said. Barbara runs over to me.

"Are you alright?" She asks.

"I'm fine." I say quietly. She gives me a hug, and I start crying even more.

"You wanna come sit by me?"

"No, I think I'm going to go back to my cell."

"Okay, I'll talk to you later."

"See you later." I said. I then went back to my cell. I guess I can trust Jerome. I mean, he did just save me. I think he just wants me safe. I doubt he'd want me to be insane. And honestly, he's not even that insane. Sure, he killed our mom. But he's never talked about doing anything else. Maybe he has changed.... I slowly close my eyes, hoping I don't have another nightmare.

Hey everyone! Hope you liked this chapter! I apologize if it feels like I use too much dialogue. I'll try not to use as much. I'll be posting the next chapter soon!