Chapter 18

"Sis?"

"J-Jerome?" I walk over to him, "Y-You're alive?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Theo killed you."

"Ohh that's right. Well, I guess that one dude brought me back." The timer for the bomb beeps faster, "Let's get out!" We jump out in time as the bomb goes off. I look up and notice something.

"Jerome?"

"Yeah?"

"Why is your face all bloody?"

"Ohh shit I forgot! Dwight decided to be an asshole and cut my face off."

"Why would he do that??"

"I don't know, maybe because he's that creepy! Wow, it feels so weird coming ba-" He looks over and sees me starting to cry. "Sis, what's wrong?"

"I-I just can't believe you're alive. I missed you so fucking much!" I give him a hug, as he starts to cry.

"I missed you too. I was worried you were going to get hurt." I stood there in silence and looked down. "Y-You didn't get hurt, right?"

"Well, Theo tried to kill me."

"Thank goodness he's dead! Too bad I didn't kill him."

"And there was a bomb because Dwight tried to kill me."

"What?! Why the hell would he do that?!"

"He said I was a traitor."

"That's a big lie! Come on, let's go."

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see..."

15 minutes later....

We find Dwight and he talks about how he's Jerome's biggest fan. Jerome then grabs the rest of his face. Gross. Why would someone take someone else's face? That's disgusting!

"Now, what to do with my face?" He walks around then stops. He picks up a stapler and checks to make sure there's staples in it.

"Jerome, what are you-" He then starts stapling his face. I flinch every time he does it.

"So... how's it look?" Jerome asks.

"It's good. It looks good." Dwight says.

"You kind of look like Frankenstein." I say as I chuckle a little.

"Really sis?" Jerome asks.

"Sorry, but it's true." I say.

"You wouldn't lie to me, right, Dwight?"

" No. It looks good. It's good. Say... you're not mad, are you?" Dwight asks.

"Mad? What could I possibly be mad about? Huh?"

"You know, the whole cutting off your face. And maybe trying to kill your sister."

"Oh, buddy... you brought me back from the dead. What's a cutoff face between friends?"

"Jerome!" I say.

"I got this sis." He whispers.

"I guess that's true." Dwight says.

"You guessed right." Jerome hands Dwight a camera and me the stapler and rope.

"What are, what are we doing?" Dwight asks.

"You'll see." Jerome says. He then starts whistling a song as we walk to another room.

"Umm so what's the camera for?" Dwight asks.

"Do me a favor. Put this officer uniform on, then sit down." Jerome says.

"Okay..." Dwight sits down and Jerome starts to tie him up. "W-What's going on?"

"Relax, you're going to be fine!" Jerome says. "Jersey, make sure you're in the video."

"Okay?" I stand near Dwight.

"Alright, let's begin!" Jerome says. "Testing. Testing. Am I live? Am I on air? Can you hear me? Ah, screw it. Let's do it. Hi. Some of you may know, I died. Uh-oh. But take it from me, death is... dull... but coming back... that is something. Leave it to dying to give you a whole new perspective on life. And I would like to share that with you. Oh, also my sister is here in the video today. I tell ya, siblings reuniting is one of the best things ever. Love ya sis!" Dwight starts shaking, and Jerome walks over to him. "Uh, Officer, you look terrible. Hey, you got... oh. Tonight, Gotham, in the darkness, there are no rules. So, tonight, Gotham... do what you want. Kill who you want. Hmm? And when morning comes... you, too, shall be... reborn." Jerome starts to laugh and lights a match off.

"Jerome, what are you doing?" I whisper.

"Jersey, would you do the honors of lighting this off?" Jerome says out loud.

"Umm, sure..."

"Oh, and, uh... Dwight. I don't forgive you for my face. And I definitely don't forgive you for killing my sister." He laughs and signals for me to light the gasoline up. I hesitate, but then light it. Jerome laughs again as he grabs my hand and runs out. The gasoline bursts into flames by the time we get out. "Wow, that was great! Wasn't it Jersey? Jersey?" I start to cry again. "What's wrong?"

"I'm just glad you're back. I thought I lost you for good." I say.

"Jersey, no matter what, you'll never lose me."

"Promise?"

"Promise." We hug, then go to an abandoned building to live in. At least until the cops stop looking for him. Usually, I want to do the right thing and turn him in right away. But I'm not losing my brother again. But, he might get caught again....