Chapter 24

A few weeks later....

It's been weeks since I've seen Jerome. I usually see him all the time, but ever since the argument I decided to stay away. I don't know how he'll react if I see him again. I decided to stay with Bruce for a while. He's the best person to go to at this point.

"Thanks for letting me stay again." I say.

"No problem." He says.

"You know you didn't have to do this."

"Why not?"

"Because my brother tried to kill you again. I'd think at this point you'd stay away from my family." I look down embarrassed because of what's happened.

"Jersey look at me." I look up at him.

"What?"

"I know I can trust you. You are not even close to being like Jerome. You have a big heart, and you are a good person."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"You're just saying that to be nice aren't you?" Bruce walks over and sits next to me.

"No, I'm not." Bruce says as he holds my hand.

"Wait, what?"

"Jersey, even though I've only known you for a small time.... I like you."

"Y-You do?"

"Yes." My face starts to turn red. Bruce starts to get up. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Bruce wait."

"Yeah?" I stand up and hold his hands.

"I like you too." We stood there silent for a couple minutes. Bruce then leans in and kisses me. "So, are we official now?"

"Yeah, I think we are." We both smiled, then someone texted me. "Who is it?"

"Jim, he says he needs to talk to me."

"Do you want me to go with you?"

"No, I think I'll be fine."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, I'll see you later?"

"Yep. See you later." We kiss, then I leave his house. As I start walking, I forget about the cemetery Jerome was buried in. Shoot, I hope Jim isn't going to say something about Jerome. I hope nothing happened to him. I finally get downtown. I realize how scary it is, but I keep going. My phone then buzzes.

Unknown: Change of plans. Meet in the alley.

Hmm, it must be Jim. But why is it unknown? I guess he might've borrowed a phone. I walk into the alley and see Jim nowhere.

"Jim? Are you there?" Silence. Then I see someone standing at the other end. "Jim, is that you?" The person brings their hand to their mouth. I suddenly feel something sharp go into my neck. After that, everything goes black....

Hello everyone! I am sorry this is a very short chapter! I didn't really expect this to be long. Don't worry, the next chapter will be long. I promise, the next chapter will be good. :)