Chapter 27

"Hello brother." We both stop and gasp. It's Jerome... by the exit. "And of course, Jersey's here. What a surprise! So, how have ya both been?" We both stay silent. "Oh, you look great! To think I used to be the handsome one, right? Speaking of handsome, how's the new boyfriend going Jersey?" Oh no, he figured out I'm dating Bruce.

"What-"

"Don't play dumb. I knew you were going to be a couple. Plus, someone spread a rumor about you."

"Who?"

"Barbara." My eyes widen. "That's right, she told me. Again, not surprised." He starts laughing. Why would Barbara do that?

"How'd you find your way through the maze?" Jeremiah asks.

"Oh, bro, we might not look the same anymore, but we still think the same. Plus, you used to draw those stupid things all the time as a kid. I paid attention. Hey, uh, hat-head. Take Crane. Find Jimbo and his bearded sidekick. Kill them."

"Wait, what?! Don't kill them!" I say. I try to stop them until Ecco out of nowhere grabs me.

"Ah Jersey, always trying to be a good person. Sad how you'll never wake up to reality. Oh, also, where have you been? It's been weeks since I've seen you."

"You told me to get out. I thought it's best to stay away from you for a while."

"Oh, and why is that?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe because you're insane!" He turns around and starts chuckling.

"Ha ha ha. That's a good one. Like I've never heard of that before!" He turns back around. "Anyways, I've been waiting for this moment for 15 years. Ever since you ran away in the middle of the night, like a coward."

"Like Jersey said, you're insane." Jeremiah says.

"Yeah."

"And I tried telling Mom, but she didn't want to listen to me. You blame me for everything
that's gone wrong in your life. But the truth is, Jerome, is you were born bad."

"Born bad, huh? So that's why you made her think that I tried to kill you. Right?"

"Yeah, we both..."

"What was it again? What was it? I put a blade to your throat. No, no, no, no, no. I tried to... light you on fire."

"We both know you wanted to!"

"Yeah, that was a funny story, wasn't it?"

"Okay. Maybe it didn't happen exactly like that, but... but I didn't have a choice, and I was right."

"Hmm?"

"You killed our mother."

"She did deserve it though. After that whore hid you away, she gave up on me and Jersey. Poisoned by your stories. You turned everyone I ever loved against me. My own flesh and blood! The only one who stayed was Jersey. But now look, she left too! Yeah, I guess it's like what they say. We all could go insane with just one bad day. I guess with you two, it's more like one bad spray."

"One bad spray?" I ask. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"You'll see."

"Jerome, listen to me right now. I am not insane. I will NEVER be insane. No matter what you think will make it happen, it won't. That's why I turned my back on you. Because you always wanted me to be like you. But, here's the thing. I will never be like you!"

"Wow sis, that actually hurt. Ah well, I guess you can be like Jeremiah then."

"What are you gonna do to us, Jerome?" Jeremiah asks.

"Come on. I'm gonna kill you. Of course. But, first, I'm gonna drive you mad. But don't worry, you won't be alone. All of Gotham will be joining you, too."

"Must go! Must go! They're after me and the Scarecrow." The guy with the hat shouts as they run out the exit.

"These guys just don't give up, huh?" Harvey and Jim appear. Jerome pulls me and Jeremiah to him and puts guns to our head. "Get any closer and I splatter them. I splatter bro-ski."

"No, you won't. If you wanted them dead, you would have killed them already." Jim says.

"He's right. I'll see you soon." He kisses Jeremiah's head. "Sorry Jimbo, but she's going with me!" He then picks me up and runs out.

"Let me go!" I say. He sticks a needle in my neck and everything goes black.