Chapter 25

After what seemed like a few hours, I finally woke up. I'm in some sort of room. I look over and see a small TV. I turn it on and gasp. It was Jerome. He wasn't in prison though...

"I would never hurt you... Xander. I love you. Can't wait to see ya! Did you think about me? I know that you did. Oh, I'm gonna squeeze you until you pop!" Jerome says.

Xander? Who's Xander?

"Hello?" I shout. "Is anyone there?" Nothing. After a few minutes, I hear someone unlocking the door.

"Oh good, you're awake now."

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Xander Wilde. But, that's not my real name."

"What's your real name then?" The guy walks into the light and I gasp. "You?"

"Hey sis. It's been awhile." I start to tear up as I remember what happened...

Flashback.....

Me and Jerome were in our room watching tv until....

"Jerome! Get over here!" My mom shouts. Jerome flinches, then gets up. I follow him out to the living room. "Jersey, stay out of this!"

"No, if you want to talk to him, then you might as well talk to me!" I say. My uncle walks over to me and picks me up. "Let me go!"

"No! You're mom said to stay out of this, so stay out of this!" He then throws me outside. I start crying until I hear a noise."

"Who's there?" Someone then steps into the light. "J?"

"Jeey?" J says. (A/N: Jeey is pronounced as 'G')

"What are you doing?"

"Umm, just walking around."

"Tell me the truth." I say. He then sighs.

"I'm leaving the circus."

"W-Why?"

"Jersey, Jerome keeps trying to kill me."

"No he's not, he loves you with all his heart."

"Really? Because he tried to stab me and light my bed on fire. You call that love?!"

"J! He still cares about you! He would never want to actually kill you!"

"How do you know that, Jeey? Huh?"

"Because I've known you two since I was born. I know deep down he cares."

"He may care about you, but not me."

"J please..."

"I'm sorry, Jersey. I can't."

"B-But you promised"

"I-"

"You promised you will stay with me no matter what!"

"I know, but I can't handle it anymore. I never feel like I belong here."

"Fuck you, J! You fucking liar!" I stand up and walk away. I see him sigh and go away... leaving me and Jerome with our abusive mother.

End of flashback

After realizing what he's done, I start to cry.

"Jersey, are you okay?"

"No, I'm not."

"What's wrong?"

"You left, J. You left me and Jerome."

"I know, and I'm sorry. But-"

"You fucking left! And you let mom beat the hell out of us even more!"

"I'm sorry, Jersey! I never wanted to leave! But, it was the best thing to do."

"Was it, though? Was it right to leave your siblings like that and let us get hurt even more?"

"No but-"

"I don't want to hear it anymore. I will never accept what you've done. You turned your back on me, now I'm turning my back on you!"

"Jeey, please-"

"Don't call me that anymore. And I'm not calling you J anymore because you don't deserve it."

"You know you're an amazing sister, right? And I didn't leave because of you."

"You know, I do care about you..."

"I care about you too-"

"But, out of all the siblings I have.... Jeremiah, you're the worst brother ever!"

Okay, I might've lied slightly. This is longer, but it's still kind of short. Yes, I could make it longer. But I'm trying to do a cliffhanger thing. I'm sorry if I'm torturing you all with cliffhangers XD. I promise I won't do it too much. And this next one will be longer.