Chapter 7

I wake up, and see myself tied to some sort of chair. I look around and see just a normal looking apartment. To my left and right are Aaron, Jerome, Barbara, Richard, Dobkins, and Greenwood. Sweet lord save me now. Everyone else starts to wake up and look around.

"Jerome? Where are we?" I ask.

"I don't know. Obviously not in prison!" He laughs.

"Well, it looks like I'm right by you." Greenwood says as he tries to reach for me. I try to scoot away, but of course, I'm tied up and can't.

"Back off fuckface!" Jerome says.

"Make me you little-"

" Welcome, everyone. My name is Theo Galavan. This is my sister Tabitha. I understand you're feeling confused, scared a little groggy but please, relax. Today is the first day of a wonderful future for all of you. If you want it."

"Who are you?" Barbara asks.

"Well, now, the question is who are you? The world sees criminal lunatics. I see brilliance. I see charisma. And power. I see power."

"Yes. Exactly, my man. Oh, that is so spooky. That is me to a T." Jerome says.

"Jerome-" I say, trying to shut him up.

"These other bozos, oh, I don't know, but - you're singing my song."

"Quiet, Jerome. Keep talking." Richard says.

"Imagine a group of brilliant outlaws like yourselves, each selected for their unique ability, all working together as a team. Imagine the synergy. Imagine the impact. Gotham would tremble before you." Theo says.

"Well, that sounds fabulous, but I am not a brilliant outlaw. I just have...issues." Barbara said.

"You have ferocity and beauty and desire and that's enough. Come with me, Barbara. Whatever you want in the world, it's yours."
"Theo? That's your name, right Theo? You're getting way ahead of yourself, here. First of all, keep your hands off her. Second, this whole "magic team"? I gotta pass. I don't take orders. Good luck on everything, though." Richard says.

"This is very disappointing."

"You want a reward for busting us out of Arkham. How's a million bucks sound? Pretty good, huh? I can get it for you today, as soon as I hit the street."

"Money's not the concern. Ohl I had such high hopes for you. You have to go. Tabitha will see you out." Richard starts walking away.

"Miss Kean is coming with me."

"Oh, she doesn't want to go where you're going." Tabitha grabs a whip and starts choking Richard until he drops to the floor.

"Welp, that's one less person to deal with!" Jerome says.

"Jerome!" I say.

"Anyone else want to leave?" Theo asks. We all shake our heads no. "Good, in that case, you may all go and pick your rooms out. Someone might have to share with another."

"Hey, Jersey." Greenwood says as we get untied.

"What?" I ask.

"How about we share a room?"

"Hey, what did I say you asshole? Back the fuck off!" Jerome says. He starts shoving Greenwood.

"Jerome stop!" Barbara says as she separates the two, "Me and Jersey will share a room."

"Good. So you better stay the fuck away from her!" Jerome says.

"Boys, please don't fight. We're supposed to be a team, so please get along." Theo says. We all start going to our rooms.

"Okay, so it looks like we got clothes provided. So, can you start organizing? I just need to use the restroom." Barbara asks.

"Yeah." I say. She walks out and shuts the door. I got to the drawer and put shirts away. The door then opens. "Wow, Barbara that was-" I see Greenwood, shit, "quick..."

"Hey pretty."

"What the hell do you want?"

"Jeez, no need to be feisty! I just wanted to see if you wanted to be friends."

"No thanks, I'm good." I turn back around and put clothes away. I then feel him grab me.

"Come on, we could be really close!" I elbowed him in the stomach and ran to the door. It didn't open for some reason. I start banging on the door, screaming for help. He covers my mouth and throws me onto the bed. I try to escape, but he pins me to it. "Don't make this harder then it has to be!" He licks his lips and starts to take my shirt off. The door kicks open, and Jerome steps in.

"What did I say, Greenwood? Stay the fuck away from my sister!"

"What are you going to do about it?" Jerome grabs Greenwood and slams him to the wall. He takes them out to the hallway and beats the shit out of him. I hear Barbara yelling and trying to stop them. She then walks into the room.

"Are you okay?" She asks. I shake my head and start crying, "Come here." She pulls me in for a hug.

"Barbara?" We look up and see Theo, "May I talk to Jersey alone?" She nods and leaves the room. "So, Greenwood tried to..."

"Yeah." I said.

"Are you going to be okay?"

"I think so."

"I would try to get you away from him, but this is the safest place you can hide."

"Why did you bring me here?" I ask.

"Jerome is your brother, correct?"

"Yes."

"How did you get in jail?"

"I told the cops that I helped Jerome kill our mother."

"And did you?"

"No."
"So you don't really belong in Arkham?"

"Yeah. But then why take me?"

"You lied to the cops because you and Jerome are close, right?"

"Yeah."

"That's why I took you. So you can make sure he doesn't get caught again."

"So, you want me to protect him?"

"Yes."

"Okay, I'll try my best."

"Good. Anyways, I'll let you get rest. Tomorrow's a big day for your brother." He starts walking away.

"Wait, why?"

"Because tomorrow... he will send a message to the city."

"What kind of message?"

"An introduction, of the new villain group."

New villain group? What is he talking about?