Chapter 8

I walk to the kitchen, where Jerome and Barbara are.

"Morning sis!"

"Morning Jersey."

"Morning." I say.

"How are you doing?" Barbara asks.

"Fine."

"Greenwood's staying away from you right?" Jerome asks.

"Yeah."
"Good. So, did Theo tell you the news?"

"About?"

"Our new villain group."

"Yeah, but he didn't say much. He wants me to come though."

"Sorry sis, but I don't want you coming."

"Why not?"

"I don't want you getting hurt."

"And I don't want you getting hurt. I'm coming."

"Fine," he sighs," but stay by my side the whole time, got it?"

"Got it."

"Okay. Also, Greenwood's coming but I'll make sure he stays away."

"Okay..."

"Alright, let's go!"

1 hour later...

We finally got to the top of a building. We have 7 guys we got from the streets for some reason.

"Alright everyone! You all ready to send the message?" Jerome asks. Everyone cheers and says yeah. "Jersey, pass me the spray paint." I throw it over to him. He sprays the letter M on a guy. "Aaron, take this guy over there." He points to the edge.

"Jerome, what are you d-" I ask.

"Shh! You'll see!" He starts spraying 'A', 'N', 'I', 'A', and 'X' on the other guys. He then walks over to Aaron. "Alright, M. Are you ready to go down?"

"Wait, what??" The guy asks.

"Aaron, would you do the honors?" Aaron nods and picks the guy up. He throws him over the edge and I gasp.

"Jerome, what the hell??" I said.
"Jersey, it's fine! We're just sending a message! Alright Aaron, let's do the rest!" They throw the rest of the guys over. I start flinching and close my eyes. There was one guy left now. "Perfect."

"What shall we do with the spare?" Someone asks.

"Ooh! I know." Jerome says. He spray paints an exclamation mark on the guy. "Aaron. Would you kindly?" The last guy falls to his death. Jerome starts to chuckle, as we all look down. Well, I guess the villain group name is now... the Maniax! "Now that's a headline." Jerome says as he laughs. We start heading back to the apartments.

Later on...

Theo gives us a bag of weapons. Jerome pulls out a sword.

"Ooh! Shiny." He laughs. Greenwood then takes the sword," Give that back."

"I saw it first.''

"No, you didn't. I said give it back."

"Make me, you little brat."

"Ooh." Dobkins says.

"Oh my god. Jerome just give it to him." I said.

"Your samurai skills are excellent Greenwood San, but they are nothing compared to me." Jerome grabs a chainsaw and turns it on. "Prepare to die!"

"Jerome!" I yell.

"That's enough!"

"I tried to stop them." Dobkins said.

"Yeah right! You just stood there and watched!" I mumble.

"Boys, we're a team. We don't fight amongst ourselves."

"And I'm the captain." Greenwood says.

"Captain of my foot." Jerome mumbles.

"I've murdered a dozen women. Terrorized the city. What have you done? Chop up your mommy?"

"Shut the hell up!" I yelled and threw a book at him. I did not want him talking about my mom. He gives me a death look.

"Everybody has to start somewhere. See, I have vision and ambition and brains. You're just a nutty old cannibal. How many people can you eat before that shtick gets old?"

" I could eat one more." He stares at me again.

"You want me to kick your ass again?" Jerome asks.

"Bring it on you little b-

" I can see we're gonna have to resolve this one once and for all." Theo says as he grabs a gun, "You all know this game, right?"

" Oh, love it." Jerome says.

"Who wants to be the boss?"

"Ladies first." Jerome says. I start laughing silently. Greenwood pulls the trigger but nothing comes out. Damn it, "Hey, Greenwood, what's the secret to good comedy?" He pulls the trigger as I look away. "Timing. And what's courage? Grace under pressure. And who's the boss?" He pulls the trigger one last time, no bullet comes out. "I'm the boss."

" I believe you are, Jerome. I believe you are." Theo hands the sword to Jerome.

"Arigato, sensei. Woo! Hee!" We all headed back to our rooms and got ready for bed. Jerome walks in a few minutes later.

"Did you need something?" Barbara asks.

"I just wanted to talk to Jersey quick."

"What's up?" I ask.

"Well tomorrow, we're going to give our grand entrance."

"How?"

"We're going to go visit some cheerleaders."

"What do you mean visit?"

"You'll see. Just be ready, okay?"

"Okay?"

"Good night sis."

"Good night." He walks away and I start to fall asleep.