Chapter 21

Last chapter for today! I promise!

"Jerome?"

"Jersey?"

"What are you doing here?" We ask at the same time.

"Well I'm here to give Bruce a little surprise visit. Why are you here?" Jerome asks.

"I'm staying with Bruce for a while."

"Wow, so you just left me like that." He then starts laughing, "I honestly thought you were coming back. I guess I was wrong."

"I'm sorry, Jerome. But like I said before, I'm not joining you on anything anymore."

"Well then, if you don't want to join me, then you can join Bruce."

"What do you mean?" He ignores my question and turns over to Bruce.

"Nice place you got here. You rent?"

"What do you want?" Bruce asks as Jerome drops something with glass.

"Attitude. Teenagers. Am I right? Oh, I remember those days. So many exciting new emotions floating through you. Wanting to kill everyone you saw. Aw." Jerome then notices the owl statue that his henchman was holding. "You. Give me. You know, I will never understand rich people's tastes."

"It's worthless. My father found it at a flea market. I keep it for sentimental reasons."

"Nice try. Oh, it's got some heft to it. Expensive, I'm guessing. Be such a shame if I... Oh!" He says as he tries to drop it.

"Jerome, don't." I say.

"You keep quiet." He says.

"No, don't." Bruce says.

"Huh. Tougher than I figured. Anyway... Aah!" He then drops the statue as it shatters.

"Bloody hell!" Alfred shouts.

"Jerome! What the hell-" He then smacks me in the face. There's his bad side.

"What did I say about keeping your mouth shut?!"

"Jersey! Are you okay?" Bruce asks as I nod my head, "I asked you what you want!"

"Right. Sorry. The reason I'm here is I'm gonna kill you." My eyes widen as Jerome says that.

"Why?"

"Well, it's the last thing I remember wanting to do. It's been nagging at me since I woke up. And now, since my sister decided to betray me, she'll be joining you." Wait, WHAT?

"Jerome are you fucking insane?! I thought we were siblings why the-" Some guy then covers my mouth with his hand.

"Thank you! And I'm doing this because you left me like a bag of garbage! So, this is the first thing that came to mind. Plus, you'll get to die with your boyfriend." Boyfriend? He's not my boyfriend! "Anyways, if I don't get interrupted again, the idea of slitting those pretty, pink throats of yours. Figure that'd clear the decks. What do you think, huh?"

"I remember that night..." Bruce says. "When you took over the benefit. You were quite the showman."

"Thank you. Always nice to be appreciated." Jerome says as he looks over at me.

"And you're just going to kill us here? That's kind of disappointing."

"What do you mean?"

"After all the buildup... You coming back to life, turning off the lights in Gotham... Killing us here just doesn't show a lot of..."

"Flair? Hmm? Style? Panache? Hmm? Go on, boy. Spit it out. I can take it!"

"I'm Bruce Wayne. She's Jersey Valeska"

"I'm aware." Jerome says as he rolls his eyes.

"I am the ruling elite. My company is the machine that keeps the cogs of Gotham running. And she is your sister who you say 'left you'."

"Wow."

"Killing us should mean something! And you're telling me no one's going to see it?"

"You're saying I need an audience? Look, I know you're just trying to buy time so you can escape. But your point is still valid. Saddle up, boys! We're taking this show on the road! And I know just the spot." The guys grab me and Bruce and follow Jerome as he starts walking away. Alfred starts following until, "Not you, old chap. The prince and princess of Gotham deserves a public death. His butler, not so much. Kill him."

"No!" Bruce yells. I start screaming as well, except my mouth is still covered.

"Bruce! This is what you've been training for. You're gonna be alright on your own. I will see you again. You carry on, son. You carry on. Same with you, Jersey."

"Strangely intimate. Come on." We start walking away again until Jerome stops. "Try not to get any blood on the couch. I might come back for that." Some of his henchmen nod and stay at the manor. Well, I guess it's time for me and Bruce to die. And I think I know where....