Chapter 29

"Jeremiah and Bruce...." Barbara says.

"What?! I have to stop him!" I say. I start grabbing my stuff until she grabs my arm.

"Are you sure you want to go out there?"

"If it means saving them, then yes!"

"Alright, but please be safe!"

"I will. See you later!" I then ran out the door and then downtown.

15 minutes later....

I finally arrive downtown, where a lot of cop cars and people are at. I see Jerome, but no Jeremiah or Bruce yet. Just people with bombs attached onto their necks....

"Bring me my hostages, James. My trigger finger is getting itchy." Jerome says as he holds up a remote. "Well... all right. Let's see. Eeny meeny miny moe, one of these people have got to... go." He presses a button and a guy's head blows off. Everyone starts screaming. "Oh, it's that guy. Oh, well."

"Stop!" I shout. Everyone looks at me and Jerome starts laughing.

"Well, look who decided to ruin the fun! Sad to see you leave me again!"

"Don't kill these people! If you want to kill someone, kill me!"

"Mmmm, actually no. See, I'm going to kill you eventually. But for now, it's just Bruce, Jeremiah, and these people."

"Let them go! They did nothing wrong!"

"I guess you're right. But what's funny is the time when I actually cared. Oh wait, that was never!" I walk up to the stage.

"You need to stop this. This isn't you."

"Oh really? And how would you know that?"

"Because, I've been with you from the beginning. I know you Jerome, deep down you have a big heart. I think it's time you show it." I walk closer and hold out my hand. "Give me the remote."

"No."

"Give me the remote!" I try to grab it from him. He throws me off the stage. My head hits the ground, and my vision gets blurry. He grabs his neck again. I slowly stand up and wipe the blood off my mouth.

"Well. Look who decided to show up." I look behind me and see Bruce and Jeremiah. "We were starting to get nervous. Especially the mayor here. My guests of honor, please, take your seats onstage. Come on. Don't be shy. It's all right. We don't have all day." I see Jim and run over to him.

"Jim, we can't let them go up. He's going to kill them" I say.

"I know. We have a device that will make sure they don't get blown up. I even got people to help protect everyone." Jim says.

"Are you sure they'll be okay?"

"Yes. I promise."

"Hi, brother." Jerome says.

"Fire. All targets, fire!" Jim shouts. Cops start to shoot until they get shot. Everyone gasps.

"I had my guys take up the best vantage points last night. So they've been watching your little SWAT team all day. Now, Bruce, brother dear. Get up onstage. It's time to get this party really started, huh? Oh while we're at it, where'd my sister go?" Shit. "Oh Jerseyyy, ya might want to get back up here. Unless you want these people dead." I sigh and walk up to the stage. "I've been thinking. And thank goodness I have an extra one of these."

"Wait what?" Someone grabs me and puts the bomb thing on my neck. "Jerome, what the hell?!"

"Sorry sis, but I guess our relationship won't get better whatsoever." We all sit down and get tied up. "No parent will admit it, but everyone's got their favorites. Right, brother? The one who cleans their room, does their homework, doesn't try to kill everybody. Little Mr. Perfect here. Yeah. He was that guy. He got adopted by rich folks. Went to the top schools, then, a top college. Meanwhile, I got dragged through the circus by my depressed alcoholic mother. Only had my sister there for me. Both are forced to clean up elephant dung every day."