Chapter 19

I wake up and walk to one of the windows and look out. I notice how great Gotham used to look. Every day, it just looks worse. I sigh, then Jerome walks over.

"Hey sis." He says.

"Hey." I say.

"How did you sleep?"

"Fine. You?"

"Ehh, it's different but we'll be fine right?"

"Umm yeah..."

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. I just missed you."

"Jersey, how long have I known you?"

"Since I was born."

"Exactly. I know at this point whether you're lying."

"I-I can't tell you."

"Why not?"

"You'll get mad and hate me for the rest of our lives."

"Jersey, I've always been there for you. Even if what you say hurts, I'll still love you the same."

"Okay," I sigh, "I thought you've changed."

"Changed? What do you mean?"

"Well, I thought after you got out of prison, you'd change. Apparently, I was wrong."

"Whoa whoa whoa, why would I need to change? I thought you accepted me for who I am."

"And I do! But I thought you were going to be good, especially after you just died!"

"Why does it matter?! I haven't gone to jail yet!"

"Well then why are we in this building? Oh wait, because we have to hide from the fucking cops!"

"Because maybe I don't want to fucking lose you again! Ever think of that?!"

"Really? Or is it because you want to do more stupid crimes?"

"Oh my fucking god. Here we go again! The sweet little innocent Jersey decides to do the right thing all the fucking time! Wake up Jersey! This is Gotham! There is no 'good' whatsoever!"

"There can be. If people would just step into reality and do what's right!"

"Reality? This is fucking reality! The world isn't happy land where all that happens is positive shit! There will be negative things that happen!"

"Yeah, but maybe the world shouldn't have insane people like you!" After that, it was complete silence for about a minute. Jerome's anger just turned into sadness.

"Wow. And to think, I protected you from dangerous shit. And you, you just made it look like I was messed up this whole time."

"You aren't messed up, you just need help. Unfortunately, you're going to have to find someone else." I grab my stuff and head towards the door.

"Wait, what are you doing?"

"I'm sorry Jerome. But whatever you're going to do, I'm not joining you." I put my stuff in my bag and get ready to walk out the door.

"Jersey please, I-I'm still your favorite person, right?"

"You'll always be my favorite brother, but now... I don't know about my favorite friend. Goodbye Jerome, I'll try to visit you when you're not doing something wrong." I start walking out until I realize something. "Oh, and Jerome?"

"Y-Yeah?"

"I know there's a good and a bad side to you. The bad side, you can't control sometimes which I get. That doesn't change my perspective on you. What does change my perspective is when you chose not to do what's right. Just please try to bring the good side back. We all miss that side. And, I don't want you to change who you are. I just want you to be good so I don't take the risk of seeing you die again." After that, I walked out. Well, I guess it's time to go to my favorite friend now. Bruce Wayne.

Oh no! Jersey just left Jerome! What will happen next?

Hey everyone! I'm sorry if I use dialogue too much. I try not too, but I'm more of a dialogue person than detail person. Mainly because I write series with scripts. If it gets irritating, let me know and I'll try to change them.