Memories...

Hey everyone! I know the chapter might look confusing. This is a conversation with Barbara and Jersey before she leaves. As I kept writing this story, I realize I forgot some parts with Jerome. They weren't major, but they were also ones that people remembered. Also, they might not be in order time-wise. So basically this is a memory chapter where Jersey has more memories.  So... here you go!

"Hey." Barbara says.

"Hey."

"How are you feeling?"

"Awful. I can't stop thinking about him."

"It'll be okay, I promise. Just try to think of the memories you've had together."

"Right. Just think about the memories...."

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Psst, Jersey!"

"Yeah?"

"Do you want a snicker doodle?"

"I thought mom said no cookies for the rest of the night."

"She won't notice."

"Okay..." We walk to the kitchen and see our uncle on the couch sleeping.

"Shh...." Jerome says. He slowly opens the cabinet and grabs the bag of cookies. As he opens the bag, someone grabs his wrist.

"And what the hell do you think you're doing?" We look up and see our uncle.

"N-Nothing. Just getting water."

"Really? Then why are the cookies in your hands?"

"I-I was moving them..."

"What did your mom say about cookies??" His grip gets tighter and Jerome cries in pain.

"Let him go!" I said. My uncle shoves me and I fall to the ground.

"P-Please let me go."

"Oh no no no no. You're not leaving until you've learned your lesson." He grabs some type of rope and ties me and Jerome onto separate tables. So we don't try to stop him. He grabs a bowl of his soup and puts it in the microwave. He grabs oven mitts and gets it back out. Jerome tries to cut the rope, but is unable to.

"What are you doing??" I yell.

"Teaching you kids how to listen to your mom!" He walks over to Jerome and puts the bowl down. He then grabs Jerome's hand.

"W-Wait, what are you-" He puts Jerome's hand into the hot soup and Jerome screams in pain.

"No! Leave him alone!" A few minutes later, he releases Jerome's hand. Jerome starts crying and I start to shake. My uncle walks over to me and does the same thing. I scream in pain and start kicking him. Which just made it worse... because he held it there longer. He finally releases and unties us.

"Now, I hope you two realized what happens if you don't follow directions!" He then goes back to the couch and falls asleep. We walk to our room and hug each other for a few minutes.

"When will things get better, Jerome?"

"Soon, hopefully." We then went to bed.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I walk into our room and see Jerome sleeping.

"Jerome...."

"Yeah?"