Chapter 17

After what feels like a few hours, I finally wake up. I walk out of a small room and look around. I then notice a room that has caution tape on it. Usually, I wouldn't go in. But I have no clue what's going on. I open the door and see something with a white cloth over it. Again, I shouldn't look, but this might help show these people are insane and need to go to Arkham. I remove the cloth and gasp. Oh... my... gosh...

It was Jerome.... It was his body....

I can't believe it. They really are his followers. I storm out of the room and try to find this 'leader'. I find a gun and grab it, just to be safe. I hear people cheering in a room, so I enter. I look around and see more people with makeup on their faces. Must be his followers. I get ready to find the leader until I hear a similar voice.

"Hello, Gotham City! We're the Maniax. And I'm Jerome, the shot caller of our little gang." Jerome? I look around and see the video he made a while back, "We're here to spread the message of wisdom and hope. You're all prisoners."

"What you call sanity, it's just a prison in your minds that stops you from seeing you're just tiny little cogs in a giant, absurd machine, Wake up!" Everyone says as they join him.

"Oh! Time to go. But don't worry. We'll be back very soon. Hang onto your hats, folks."

"'Cause you ain't seen nothing yet!" Everyone says as they start laughing... and laughing... and laughing. Alright, that's it! I shoot the ceiling and everyone looks back.

"Now that I have everyone's attention, where is your leader?" I ask.

"Well, if it isn't the little angel herself, Jersey Valeska." The leader says.

"Who are you?"

"Dwight Pollard. But you can call me Dwight."

"Why do you have my brother's body?"

"Well, ya see, we all have seen his death on the news. And we were upset that our king was gone. So, I decided to bring us all together and bring him back!"

"And how do you think you can do that?"

"With science, my dear. But of course, you won't be able to see him."

"What are you talking about?"

"Well, we recently figured out that you are the good kid in the family. And since you refused to do anything bad with him, you are a traitor. And we can't have any of those."

"I was never a traitor. I just didn't want to be bad."

"Sorry darling, but that is a traitor."

"Well then, what are you going to do? Kill me?"

"Exactly!" Two guys grab me and tie me up to a chair. The crowd starts cheering until Dwight cuts them off. "Now, since we have a traitor here everyone. What shall we do with her? Should we shoot her?" People start booing, "Stab or cut her?" They continue to boo, "How about we blow her up?" Everyone starts cheering as I start to scream and struggle to get out. "Now, now dear, can't escape now can you?" We then hear someone kick down the door.

"GCPD!" Harvey shouts. Everyone starts running out and laughing. Two guys grab me and follow Dwight to another room. A few minutes later I hear Jim as Dwight steps out of the room.

"Are you Dwight?" Jim asks.

"Yes sir, what's the problem?" Dwight asks.

"Well, it seems you stole someone's body. Which isn't right."

"Oh yes. Well, you see I thought maybe bring him back so he could live his life longer..."

"Okay, but realize this is a criminal you're talking about."

"Oh, I didn't know that. I'm super sorry, I'll take him back right away."

"We're taking him back actually-"

"Wait! I actually need to change something quick... then you can take him."

"How long?"

"About an hour..."

"Alright, see you in an hour." He then leaves. Dwight laughs as he walks back in the room.

"Wow, he actually bought it. Looks like you're not going to survive after all." He turns on a bomb and starts walking away. "Bye bye dear." He then locks the door. Shit, I'm screwed. I try to get out of the chair, but I can't. I can't believe I'm saying this... but I give up....

A few minutes later...

"HE'S GONE?!" I overhear. I hear people walking, then complete silence. The timer reads 2 minutes so I close my eyes and wait.

1:30....

1:00...

:30....

BANG! I wake up and hear someone screaming. I then see blood coming from the outside into the room. I gasp, "Who's there?" Someone then kicks the door down. I close my eyes and flinch. "Please don't kill me, I swear I-"

"Sis?" I open my eyes and look up. My eyes widen and start to tear up.

"J-Jerome?"

Hey everyone! Sorry if this chapter was really bad! The next chapter will be coming soon!