A message from the Author

Foremost, I would like to say greetings one and all to what is the first of hopefully many books/stories/journals or whatever you wish to call it and thank you from the bottom of my heart, it has taken absolute years to get pen to paper but I finally did it, anyway, moving forward and up.

The idea behind Déjà VU Diaries first came to life when I was 18 or so, I’d written various short stories, poems, etc, all of which were a brief hobby and to cure teenage boredom but this one felt like it had a meaning, a purpose if you will. Funnily enough, although the idea came about in my teens I didn't actually sit down to write until my late 20's, you could say a little thing called life got in the way but the idea was so powerful in my mind that I never let it go.

I'll explain why I had the idea but please don't fall asleep, it will get better. Around the time I turned 18 I was having weird dreams and waking up feeling as though I had a major hangover but the strange thing was I never drank, not even a morsel, so feeling this way was very peculiar to the point that eventually I went to the doctors to explain my symptoms. Now anyone that knows me at all will know that I hate going to the doctors or dentist and especially the hospital, so much that I literally have to have a limb hanging off to have a reason to go, sounds a bit over the top I know but it's true so this was definitely for real.

Anyway, cutting a long story short I was told that the weird feelings I’d been having was because I had a form of epilepsy called Temporal Lobe Epilepsy which caused me to have occasional small blackouts, weird dreams and feelings of Déjà Vu, hence the heading title.

Having this condition caused me to be very forgetful, so the doctor advised me to write about my feelings and epileptic experiences in a diary so that I could read back and maybe try to understand what I was going through.

Henceforth, I then used these experiences and diary notes too finally write this fictitious book in the form of a fantasy/adventure type story but through the eyes of someone else.

Now for those of you that clearly don't get out, possibly like myself, I'll explain the definition of the term Déjà Vu, it's from the French word meaning "already seen", basically you see something or someone and feel as though you've been in that situation before and Temporal Lobe Epilepsy is closely related to it as well.

Growing up, I was a bit of a recluse, no I don't mean I had no friends and hid in dark corners on my own. I mean I kept myself to myself, didn't always go out with the rest of the kids to do normal activities that young kids enjoyed.

I preferred to read on my own which in turn gave me the passion to write. I just love getting lost in a different world, seeing different and sometimes unusual characters come and go, I could literally just sit for hours and read, sometimes picking up one book as I'm finishing another.

My main inspiration are my family, I'm very competitive and thrive to succeed in every possible way and I wanted them to respect what I had done and to see me succeed my lifelong dream, basically, to see my stamp on the writing industry and be proud of what I had accomplished.

As I write this, I am now 29, I'll be 30 in 5 months, no longer in my twenties. I know I'm not old but I'm not getting any younger as well.

Writing isn't just a quick thing to do when you're bored, it’s a passion like anything in life and if you feel like you can do it and it makes you happy doing it, then I say go for it.

I've been a qualified chef for as long as I can remember and that's all I ever wanted to do and I still love it, cooking was and still is my main aspiration but there comes a point in your life where you look at situations and think to yourself, I want more.

I feel as though I'm settled in life, I'm happy with what I have accomplished so far.

I have a loving family, a decent house, a fantastic job with great benefits giving me more time with my family and more time for myself. I have always been a chef and as any chef will tell you it's not easy, the hours are long, money isn't brilliant and having a social life is just non-existent, so to find a job that I can settle in and be happy is a bonus and now it's time to start my next adventure, a passion that I have had for so long, one that makes me happy, excites me and now finally I can dedicate myself to writing.

So that about sums up my reasons for writing this book, I hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I have writing and I hope it'll be passed down through the ages.

And if you haven't already fallen asleep or put the book down, please for pity's sake try to enjoy it.

Faithfully

S. R. Harrison

DeJa VU Diaries - Dream Drifter (BOOK 1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara