1・Company

"Ugh" you angrily sighed as you threw the red cup you were holding off the roof. Seeing your date to this party, drunk of his ass, flirting and making out with some other girl really bothered you so you decided to ditch him and let off some steam up on the roof of the house. You dressed up in a really nice black dress and made sure you looked as pretty as you could be; all for nothing. You stared out into the vast night sky, watching the stars as they glimmered. "God dammit," you muttered as you began to talk to yourself. "Of course, the one time I actually think I have a chance with someone, everything goes to shit. I mean, am I that bad of a person that no one will give me a second thought?" you wondered. "When I'm a hero, everyone loves me and gives me attention; but I know that it's only because I'm a hero and not that they think of me as a genuinely good person" you exclaimed yelling into the open air above you. You fell silent for a few minutes, surprised at your sudden outburst and smacked your forehead. "Stupid..." you growled as you placed your cheek in your hand as you leaned on the roof railing. 

"What's a pretty girl like you doing out here all alone," a voice said, startling you. You'd been so distracting wallowing in your self-pity that you didn't even here the powerful yet even beating of wings above you.

There he was. The No. 2 hero, Hawks. He was in his regular hero costume, though his dirty blonde hair was a bit ruffled, leaving strands of hair flying around everywhere. He looked down, giving you his signature lopsided smirk as he waited for you to do something. You jumped back almost falling off the roof until you clung onto the railing. "Oh my god," you gasped "You scared the crap out of me!"

"Sorry 'bout that," Hawks said scratching the back of his neck and smiling. "That smile could melt an entire iceberg," you thought slightly smiling at him and turning around to face the stars. Tilting his head, Hawks glided to the ground and began walking towards you. "Mind if I join you for a bit?" he asked as you turned around, looking into his light brown eyes. You nodded as you watched him slowly make his way beside you. You both awkwardly stood and watched the sky quietly, waiting for the other to speak. After a while, you decided to say something.

"So, your Hawks, right," you said shifting your attention to the winged hero. 

"That depends, whose asking," he slyly remarked turning his head slightly to see you from the corner of his eye,

"Are you asking for my name?" you chuckled tucking a loose strand of your H/C hair behind your ear. 

"And maybe your number," he smirked, shifting his whole body to face you now. You began to blush a little moving some of your hair to cover your face from him. He rummaged through his pockets and pulled out his phone and handed it to you. Oh, he wasn't joking. Reluctantly, you took it and put your credentials in. As you handed his phone back to him, he looked down and cracked a genuine, cute smile. "It's nice to meet you, F/N L/N," he said still beaming his smile. "You have a really pretty name," he said looking at you up and down. Your blushing became more furious as you nervously played with your fingers. "Wait," you thought, "He doesn't recognize me! Even as the 11th overall pro hero, Magilica, I was unrecognizable to the top heroes. To be fair, the only people that know my identity are the government and the police (I didn't really have a valid reason to hide it, but I chose too to live a more peaceful life). But, still wouldn't it be a little obvious that I looked at least similar to a pro..."

No, wait this is good. If he doesn't know who I am, then maybe he'll like me for...me

"T-thanks" you stuttered after thinking for a while. You were still shocked from the compliments given to you by Hawks. 

"No big deal," he said jumping on top of the railing and spread his wings. "Well it's late and I have a lot to do tomorrow, so I think that I should go," he said about to take off. Before he launched he stopped and looked back at you. "Where do you live?" he questioned.

"What?!" you exclaimed, surprised by the curt question. Why would someone ask that it's such a weird thing to say, "Um, somewhere. Why do you ask?"

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted me to fly you home", he wondered as he rubbed the back of his neck whilst looking nervously at you. Well I can't fly home, cause then I'd expose myself, and I'm too tired to walk so, why not. 

"Yeah, actually, that would be really nice", you said smiling at him. 

"Great! Let's go then," he said holding his hand out for you to grab. As soon as you grabbed it, Hawks flung you high into the air. WHAT THE HECK. I DIDN"T EVEN KNOW HE WAS THAT FUCKING STRONG! You began falling as you screamed and closed your eyes only to feel a pair of toned arms swoop you up bridal style.

"Are you FUCKING crazy?!" you yelled as you balled your hands up in a fist and hit his chest. With each punch you threw at him, you earned a chuckle from Hawks.

"You were so scared, weren't you? It's a good thing I like you or maybe I would've let you fall." he joked as he glided faster through the air. He was moving so fast that your hair was waving crazily; so crazy Hawks was choking a bit from your hair getting in his mouth. You burst out laughing jolting your body as Hawks struggled to keep you still so he wouldn't drop you. After everything calmed down, Hawks glanced at you to see you slowly falling asleep, leaning your head against his chest. 

"Hawks...?" you drowsily said trying to open your eyes to see him. His light brown eyes turned their attention to you waiting for you to say something. "You're so nice," you yawned, "I'm glad I have a friend like you," you said as you snuggled up to him more, finally drifting to sleep. He smirked and directed his attention back to where he was going; taking his time to get you home to really enjoy this moment.

Hawks arrived at your apartment while you were still sound asleep. He didn't want to wake you up so he carried you through the building and, reluctantly, went through your purse and found your keys to open your door. He didn't look around at all and just went straight to your bed, laying you down throwing some blankets on you. He didn't know what else to do, so he patted your head and closed your bedroom door. He decided to go out of your window so that he didn't have to lock your door again.   Climbing out he looked back at your place and sighed happily. With on powerful beat of his wings, he took off into the night.