24 • Unlikely Informant

Hello :3

Rant: BALANCE UNLIMITED IS LITERALLY NOT GONNA CONTINUE PAST THE THIRD EPISODE CAUSE OF CORONA AAHHHHHHH. WHO WE GONNA SIMP IF WE DON'T HAVE DAISUKE OR HARU!?

Just so ya'll know the lemon won't come until 3-ish chapters from now, but I'll put a warning when it comes.

For now, please enjoy~!

______________________________________________________

It was just another 'normal' day for Y/N: Dabi just lying there on the couch not doing anything but sleeping, and her on her countertop doing some work for the agency while keeping a sharp eye on Dabi. 

They hadn't really exchanged any words other than a 'hey' from Y/N and no response from him, so she just worked in silence listening to music. Everything was pretty much quite until she got a text notification from her computer. Her eyes widened as she shut her computer quickly (not breaking it though). 

"It's Kanaye..." she tried saying to Dabi. He turned from his usual position staring at the ceiling and rolled over so he could see her. 

"So?" he said slightly irritated. 

"Well....I don't know what to say," she retorted. 

Dabi rolled his eyes, "Stop being dramatic and just answer the text. Geez...you get on my nerves sometimes," he said turning back to face the ceiling.

Y/N stuck her tongue out at him without him seeing as she opened up her computer and read his text: 'Could you meet me at *random name* park in 20 minutes?'

Her heart rate picked up as she read that text, not because she liked him like that, but because with his recent behavior, she didn't know if he was gonna murder her or not.

"He wants me to meet him at a park. What could he want...?" she trailed off, really just talking to herself. 

Dabi, who was eavesdropping on her mumbling, kept his gaze at the ceiling, "You should go. Who knows, maybe you'll get the answers you've been pestering me about." he said in his usual nonchalant tone.

Y/N hesitated, "Yeah...yeah you're right. But just in case..." she said as she walked over to what was now Dabi's couch, "Take my burner phone. I'll call you if I get into any trouble and need help." she said genuinely giving it to him. 

Dabi looked at the phone then at her, "And why the hell do you think I'll come save your ass if you walk into a trap?" he questioned. 

Y/N didn't really know how to respond, because her reasoning was just a gut feeling she could trust him; like he's a long lost friend. "Because, if you don't, I'll just turn you and your leader over to the police," she said coming up with a reason that didn't sound so sappy. 

He stared at her for a bit, then snatched the phone, "Fine. At least I'll have something to do while I waste away in your pathetic apartment," he deadpanned. 

"HEY I PAID GOOD MONEY FOR THIS PLACE. DON'T BASH IT LIKE THAT!" she yelled as she tried to get a look at his unapologetic face. 

Dabi paused for a bit, "By the way, I have something I need to tell you..." he said, acting unusually soft. 

"And that is...?" Y/N questioned. 

"...If that psycho decides not to kill you, you should make sure you check in with your friends once in a while. Especially the ones that are like family. So if he does decide to kidnap you, you have someone else who can rescue you," he sighed.