10・UA

Y/N looked up from her piles of work only to see another stack waiting for her. 

She was so tired of the workload that she was ready to give up and set it on fire (though that would get her kicked out).

Ever since the mutual breakup, she for some reason hasn't been able to focus on work as much. Half of it's still feeling guilty for not telling Natsuo the full truth, and the other is feeling awkward about working with Endeavor. With Natsuo, she felt a little laxer in her work because of his laidback spirit and didn't really focus on Endeavor that much. But now, Endeavor has an even more brooding presence and makes her nervous about her work. 

She got up and started walking towards a quiet hallway where she could take a minute to rest. 

I have such a bad headache. Maybe if I just sit here for a bit with no distractions I can focus better!

Y/N slowly rested her head back against the wall and closed her eyes. She let out a deep sigh and began to smile a bit. After a few minutes, a vibration began to pulse out of her pocket. She irritatedly picked up her phone to see it was an unknown number. She gave exasperated look before she answered the phone. 

"Hello?" she snapped.

"Where are you, I've been trying to find you for 10 minutes now," said the voice on the other side of the line. 

No no no no no this can't be happening. How did he even get my number? Oh, nevermind, Natsuo probably gave it to him.

"What is it Hawks, I'm busy" she snarled as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Don't worry I just have to tell you something, it shouldn't take long, just tell me where you are." 

"Wouldn't you like to know" 

"Actually I do know cause I can hear your voice from down the hall," he said as he ended the call.

For fuck's sake-

"What are you doing here?" he said looking down at her.

She stood up with an exhausted expression on her face. "I was trying to get some peace and quiet but then you showed up so I don't think that's an option anymore." 

He gave her a smile as he moved next to her and leaned against the wall. "But you're really going to like what I have to say~" 

This better not be about...that.

She moved to the opposite side of the hallway facing him. "Shoot."

"Well, I was invited to UA to do a training class with the hero course students and I was wondering if you wanted to be my plus one? I'm only allowed to bring someone in for the first round and that happens to be with Class 1-a so it would be awesome if you could come. Plus, you'll get a chance to hang with Shoto."

Do I want to hang out with Shoto after he brutally called me out on my bullshit? No.

"Look Hawks, are you sure you would want me to come to this thing. You have so many other hero friends so why me," you asked stepping a little closer. 

"Well, if I'm being honest, it's because I wanted to cheer you up and distract you from your break up." he sheepishly said rubbing the back of his neck.

GODDAMMIT NATSUO YOU DON'T HAVE TO TELL THIS GUY EVERYTHING!

She looked at the ground and blushed a little at his generous intentions. 

Even though things have been awkward since that kiss, he's still willing to cheer me up.

"But I get it! I'll just go ask someone else. We should do something another time though!" He said putting a hand on my shoulder.

"No"

Hawks looked at her in surprise at her blunt statement.

"No, I want to go. Just, uh, text me the details or something," she said as her voice got quieter. Hawks gave her another smile as nodded his head. 

_________________________________________________________

Today was the day that Hawks and Y/N were headed to UA. They had decided to meet at a nearby coffee shop and walk over to UA from there. The whole way, Y/N was somewhat quiet, occasionally saying something to Hawks as he overwhelmed her with personal questions as an attempt to get to know her.

"Who's your favorite Hero," he said

"All Might" she deadpanned

"Why"

"Because I think that he's cool. I don't know. I've always just loved that smile he has on his face when he saves people, you know."

"Did you watch him as a kid or something?"

"Yeah, a little bit with my family," she said as a smile began to creep onto her face.

"Like your parents? You do have parents right?" 

Y/N broke from her stoic expression and began to laugh hysterically. Hawks gave her a 'what' expression as he watched her outburst. 

"Yeah I do but maybe you shouldn't ask the question like that, it could land you into some hot water," she said continuing walking. 

"Well, do you have any siblings?" He questioned raising an eyebrow and cocking his head lower towards Y/N. 

Y/N stopped in her tracks and lowered her head. She slowly clenched her fists and felt her heart tighten. Hawks turned to see her in this odd state and crouched a little in front of her to see her face.

"Was it something I said-"

Y/N picked up her clenched fist and punched him in the cheek. She finally looked up, tears visibly piling up in her eyes, about to fall. Hawks silently looked at her as he grazed his cheek with his hand. Y/N glowered at him and took off running towards UA.

I'll just keep on running towards UA and forget as this happened...

Like I tried to forget about my brother.

_________________________________________________________

And it begins...

VOTE GOAL: 20

Please leave comments too! It makes me really happy to read them so if you want go ahead!

Also, do you want me to give all the chapters names or do you want me to continue with the numbers...?

Later mates,

SAARA