6・An Invitation

Enjoy...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

__________________________________

Natsuo Todoroki.

My bestest friend in the whole world and my loving boyfriend.

We'd always joked about dating before, but I guess this time he wasn't joking. Even though he only asked me to be his girlfriend a week ago, it's still been amazing being by his side. 

He's currently in college studying medical welfare while I decided to be a pro hero. I guess he didn't want to be a pro hero because of his dad, but he doesn't like to talk about that much. Even though he dislikes his dad, he's more outspoken and forward than any of his siblings.

His brother Shoto seems to want to be a pro hero (since he's at UA), so maybe he can intern with me and become my sidekick (if Endeavor lets him).

I like to think that I have a good relationship with the rest of his family...except Endeavor (I don't think he likes me too much). Shoto took a lot of work but I think he's finally warming up to me...

sorry, bad pun.

___________________________________

3rd person POV

The room fell into an awkward silence after that comment 

Y/N continued to look at her phone and answered the text that Natsuo sent her.

Hawks, whose face was kinda red, turned his gaze down not knowing how to respond.

He wouldn't think much of it then but he felt his hands clench while his heart beat a little faster. It was almost as if he had a raging fire in him that couldn't calm down. 

"Sorry Hawks I have to go," y/n said as she swiftly grasped her bag. "Thanks for everything!" She yelled back as she ran out the door.

He snapped back into reality and gave her an agonizing fake smile while his wings wilting down.

As soon as she was gone, Hawks took the thing she made for him and threw it in the trash.

_____________________________________

Y/N POV

"Hey!", Natsuo yelled as I got in his car.

I smiled widely at him and gave him our signature fist bump as I settled into the front seat. 

"Thanks for picking me up,"

"Yeah, it's no problem," he hesitated as he smiled back at me. "What were you doing here anyway?" he asked as he started driving.

"Oh I was just visiting one of my hero friends..." I said happily.

"Oh, who?"

Shit. I froze, trying to determine if I should tell him the events that occurred while I was here. I know I didn't do anything wrong, but deep down, I felt a sense of shame. 

"Oh, it was just Hawks," I muttered as I anxiously waited for his reaction.

Natsuo briefly turned towards me and noticed I was staring at him. He raised an eyebrow as if he was confused about my actions

"What, do you think that I find that weird," he chuckled as playfully hit my arm. "I mean, as long as you didn't do anything weird, I'm fine with it," he shrugged giving me a reassuring smile.

With a surprised look on my face, I began to blush slightly at his words. How could I have landed such a perfect boyfriend?

We continued to talk about random things for the rest of the ride. We mostly joked and sang along to our favorite songs on the radio, but it was still a fun time.

After some time, we arrived at my apartment building and parked outside.

I was still laughing hysterically at how terrible we sound singing together, that I didn't notice that he was staring at me.

"What is it now," I joked as I tucked a piece of my h/c hair behind my ear

Sighing, he took my hand in his and intertwined his fingers in between mine. I scrunched my face in confusion at what he was doing but he ignored it.

"There's been something I've been meaning to ask you," Natsuo said as he continued to stare into my e/c eyes.

I slightly leaned, my attention solely hanging on each word he said. Then suddenly, my heart dropped.

Is he proposing? He can't be proposing! But what if he is...no, no way. It's too early in the dating stage, right? Then again, we've been best friends for as long as I can remember... OH NO HE'S PROPOSING! What do I even say? Am I ready? What if he told his family he was going to propose? SHIT WHAT DO I DO

My heart began to beat faster and my palms started to sweat. He was most likely going to propose to me and I had to answer him; I wasn't ready but what was I going to do.

"Y/N, will you..."

"YES!" I shouted as I shook our intertwined hands. "YES, YES, A MILLION TIMES YES!" I exclaimed with wide, excited eyes.

"...go with me to the Top Heroes Gala...?" he nervously finished as he lowered our hands and loosed his grip.

I'm a fucking idiot

My smile slowly faded but then came back as an attempt to cover up my mistake. 

"As I said before Natsuo, y-yes!" I stuttered while trying to make my smile more convincing. 

"S-Sweet! I should've told you sooner since it's in a couple of days, but I only just got told by my dad," he explained

"But I thought you didn't..."

"I know, I know, I still don't like the son of a bitch but it's like that public image shit that we have to still keep up," he sighed as he held my hand even tighter. "But having you there will make it more bearable I guess," he joked as he made a silly face.

"Oh shut up," I pouted while still listening to him.

"Plus," he paused, "Shoto will be there so maybe you can talk to him about an on-the-side interning thing so he won't have to be stuck with my dad".

"Oh right, yeah... I'll see what I can do!" I reassured. "Well I have to go, I have paperwork to do"I groaned as I unbuckled my belt. 

"That sounds boring as fuck...good luck!" he joked as he kissed the back of my hand.

I rolled my eyes at his comment and leaned in to quickly give him a kiss on the cheek before I got out of his car. 

I started walking toward my building until I heard a loud, series of honks from behind me. I slowly turned around and raised an eyebrow at the overly happy Natsuo poking his head out of his window. Sighing, I gave him an embarrassed wave as he drove off. 

_____________________________________

I opened the door to my apartment and immediately felt underwhelmed. Compared to Hawks' apartment, this was way smaller. I opened my phone to see a meme that Natsuo texted me (NOT while he was driving) but I just ignored it. I went to my browser to start looking for dresses I could wear to the Gala until I saw so many articles on Hawks. Hawks this, Hawks that, it was like I couldn't escape it. I put my phone down and slightly frowned.

If this is a Gala for the top heroes in Japan, then Hawks will be there...

This could get awkward.