Chapter 8

Todoroki's POV

Blue. All I could see was a wave of blue rushing towards me. All I could here where the screams of Bakugou and Midoryia. All I could feel was heat, any ice I tried to create simply melting. Then, it was black. 

Blinking open my eyes everything was blurry, my ears where ringing, muscles screaming. I coughed, but I couldn't hear it, it felt as though large clouds where over my ears. Wait, what, who?

"TODOROKI!"

I heard it loud and clear. Suddenly my senses where alive again. It felt as if I was a camera and I was now focused. I quickly took in the situation. A small circle of large blue flames surrounded me, cutting of most of my outside view. Only twenty feet away was that damned villain. Dabi, he was dangerous, more so than the others. His fire was deadly, and he was the one with most advantages over me. I quick glance to my sides and I can make out Bakugou brawling with villains Twice and Mr Compress, while on my other side Midoryia was dealing with Toga and Shigaraki. Sloppily stand up, I faced Dabi who was leisurely strolling towards me, as if he was walking in a park.  Better take advantage of that, I quickly activated my ice sending large waves across the field. 

Or at least I tried.

Nothing. Nothing happened. No ice waves, not even a single shard. Dabi's smile widened. 

"So much for a pro hero, you can't even doge a single dart." 

Dart? What dar-. I look to see a small dart lodged in my neck. I contained a glass vial with a small amount of purple liquid left inside. I immediately pull it out, throwing it to the ground. I try to use my fire with no luck. My quirk.....it's gone. During this Dabi just scrolls closer while watching me struggle. I'm begging to panic, but I can't let him know that. 

"What did you do to me!?" I growl menacingly. 

"Relax it will be back in an hour or two. For now your going to come with me." He says. He doesn't seem the slightest bit worried. Like I'm not a threat.

"Over my dead body" I stated, drawing two short knives from the back of my hero costume. Knowing that I'm more reliant on my quirk than others has lead me to take precautions, learning how to use double wielding knives was one of those precautions. The villain sighed, as if his mom just told him to wash the dishes. Am I really at that much of a disadvantaged or is he just bluffing?

"So be it then."

Only milliseconds later he lunged, sending large waves of fire hurling in my direction. I dodged right, rolling through the grass, trying to take the opportunity to get closer. Yet another wall of blue flames forced me to doge left this time, leaping out of the path of the destructive flames, trapping me between two lines of fire. I have to take a chance and run down the middle before he can close them. I  lunge forward, sprinting with all my strength. I reach him but am yet again forced to doge. This caused me to wildly slash, slicing open a small gash in his face. I crouch, panting. I got him, but there is now way I can keep this up for hours, forget hours I can only do this for a few minutes. I'm basically a quirk-less who's only method of fighting is short ranged and I'm fighting a long ranged superhuman. Not to mention the heat of the fire is draining my stamina and I have no way to regulate my temperature. I might be fucked here unless a teacher arrives. Dabi, looks rather pissed at first, then he lets out a small laugh. 

"For someone who knows there fucked in this situation, your sure do put up a fight Shouto

The way he says my name, like he knows me, like he's some kind of friend.....it makes me sick. However it does take me off guard for a split second, giving him even more of an advantage.