Chapter 20

Shouto's POV

"Mom?"

Something was wrong. Very wrong. A static filled voice responded that was most defiantly not my mothers.

"Hello!? Hello? Is this Todoroki Shouto?" A very panicky male voice replied. As the static cleared, I heard lots of shouting. I felt a wave of panic wash over me. I could feel the harsh stares of everyone around me, but I didn't give two shits.

"Yes, this is he. Where is my mother?" I asked in a shaky voice. That feeling of wrongness only grew in my stomach as more shouting could be heard. More static. The sounds of chaos. Suddenly that male voice returned.

"At the hospital, there's been an attack...——....your mother's been severely injured an-"

More sound made it impossible to hear, but I didn't need to hear anymore. I dropped my phone as a wave of fear courses through my veins.

Severely injured 

Attack

I turned around, and looked in the direction of the hospital. Nothing but grey clouds....grey clouds.....black clouds.....

Smoke

"SHOUTO!" Katsuki yelled, shaking my violently out of my trace.

"I....I have to go."

"What?"

"I...I have to go!" The shock wore off.

Severely injured 

MOM!

I tried to run as fast as I could towards that hospital, yet Katsuki grabbed my arm.

"Shouto what the fuck is goi-"

"LET ME GO!" I yelled. I didn't even look back as I sprinted away, only a single thought in my mind.

He wouldn't hurt her right?

He loves her

He wouldn't try and kill her right?

It's me he wants

I kept running, through the streets looking at how normal everything looked. Normal people, walking on a sunny day, this is just a normal day. A beautiful day, in my normal life.

She's fine 

She's fine 

SHES FINE

I kept repeating this to myself, watching the smoke grow thicker

Oh

Oh my god, Fuyumia 

She was supposed to be with her

There fine

There fine

THERE FINE  

I kept denying it, denying the possibility that my life could be turning upside down. I kept doing that until I couldn't.....until I rounded the street corner.....and a nightmare greeted my eyes.

(Play chasing cars sad version)

The sounds of sirens, screaming and fire raged in my ears as I watch the large blue inferno cripple the once large standing hospital building. So many police cars, ambulances, fire trucks, all with there lights searing across my sight.