Not Meant to Be

Alex: Is that Lena?
Kara: Where?
Alex: *points to a raven haired woman who enters the Swarovski store

Not long after, the Ceo of L-Corp quits the store followed by a teenage girl and a woman by her side.

As if she can sense that somebody's watching her, Lena turns her head and her lips curled into a pleasant smile as she looks at her ex fiancée who waves awkwardly.

...

Kara: She moved on.
Alex: Are you okay?
Kara: Not really but she looks happy. That's what matters.
Alex: You never tell me why you broke off the engagement.
Kara: We have a different view when the topic of children came up. I made it clear that I don't want to have kids.
Alex: Why?
Kara: Because I can't risk their safety. They might be a target. Someone would kidnap them to blackmail me. Now I understand why Superman left. It's impossible to have a family when the weight of the world is on my shoulders.
Alex: So you let her go.
Kara: I did.

...

Ruby: Sorry aunty. I didn't mean to break your necklace.
Lena: Apology accepted.
Ruby: I'm curious. Your name is L but this is K. *points to the pendant Why?

Lena is startled by this question. The necklace is supposed to be Kara's wedding gift.

Lena: It's a token of affection. For the only woman I ever loved.
Ruby: Mom said when two people are in love they get married and live happily ever after.
Sam: It's not that simple Rubs.
Lena: Let's just say, we are meant to love each other but not meant to be together.
Ruby: That's bull...poop.
Sam: *rolls her eyes
Ruby: Do you miss her?
Lena: There is never a day or night when I don't think of her.