Faking A Smile

Alex barges in to Kara’s apartment. “Sis, it’s me! I saw your tweet. Something is wrong. Where are you?”

“Here,” Kara answers in a low, trembling voice. Alex almost doesn’t hear it but it comes from the bedroom.

When she enters the room, she witnesses the most heartbreaking scene ever. Kara sits in the corner, hugging her knees while her head is buried in between. Two bowls of kale salad beside on her bed. 

The older sister drops to her knees and facing her younger sibling, “Kara, what happened? Shouldn’t you be with Lena? It’s Valentine’s day after all.”

“More like Halloween,” Kara replies flatly.

“Did you fart during your date?” Alex teases.

The blonde takes out the iphone from her pocket. “Do you know Lena can sing?” Alex shakes her head. “She has an angelic voice,” Kara hits the play button. Soon, an acoustic music fills the room.

“To leave the love of my life behind

Must be the hardest thing I have done

There’s no good bye

I’m the bad guy

My stomach is in knots

A big lump in my throat 

There is nothing to discuss

The universe againsts us

One girl cries out breathlessly

The other stares furiously

Promise to love you for eternity

Now you are left in such uncertainty

Don’t shed tears for our story

For it ends in february

Maybe true love doesn’t have to last

Because sometimes good things fall apart”

When the song ends, silence falls between Danvers sisters. Alex does not want to push Kara even though she is dying to get the full story. Her mind is plotting ten different ways to kill Lena for breaking her sister’s heart. But Kara needs someone by her side. So, Alex stays.

Eventually, Kara speaks.

“Lilian Luthor is a devil incarnate. She hates the idea of a Luthor and a Danvers being together. She threatens Lena to cuts the tie between us. Lena refuses numerous times but she can’t handle the never ending torture. Not anymore.”

“Threats,” Alex furrows her eyebrows. “What did that bitch do?” Alex asks.

“Bad things,” Kara mumbles. “Lilian hurts my girlfriend physically and emotionally. I notice that Lena always wears long sleeves lately. I never mentions it because it might be the weather. Turns out, she is hiding her scars,” Kara sounds defeated. “When Lena shows them, I cry. My eyes just won’t keep dry, tears are running out like a waterfall. They’re horrible. How can I miss it, Alex? Lena is the kindest woman I’ve ever met. She has this beautiful smile which can make my frown turn upside down. Not to forget her wise minds. But that is her mask. Behind it lies a damaged person who feels the most pain and cries herself to sleep.”

“Why don’t we go to the police and get them arrest Lilian?”

Kara lets out a sigh. “Lionel is the police commisioner.

“Even better. Once he finds out how cruel his wife treats his little girl, he’d sent her straight to jail.”

“Never in a million years.”

“Huh?”

“He touches her,” Kara can’t stop herself and quickly regrets it.

“What do you mean by that?” Kara averts her gaze when Alex forces her to tell the truth. “Look at me and explain how Lionel touches his own daughter.”

“He r-ra-rapes Lena.”

Alex is speechless.

“AaaaaRRggHhh,” Kara screams in agony. She repeatedly hits her own forehead to the wall.

“Stop it. You’re hurting yourself,” Alex pulls Kara from the walls and cups her cheeks. “You need to calm down. We need to use our brains to solve these things and banging your head isn’t a good choice. Maggie can help,” Alex comments.

“There is nothing we can do. The Luthors always have the upper hand.”

“So what? You’re giving up?! Kara, your girlfriend is out there, being abused. And you’re just bawling and do nothing???” Alex raises her voice.

“What more can I do. Lena is gone," Kara closes her eyes and fakes a smile.

A/N: Lena is gone!!! I'll let your thoughts running wild and take a guess 😉