Crisis

Barry: There is a crisis on infinite earths.

Kara: Why is every time you visit there's always a crisis?!

Oliver: We need your help.

Kara: My family is here. I can’t leave them. I’m sorry.

Sara: WHaT!!!

Kate: The lives of billions depend on us.

Lena: You should go.

Kara: No. Are you insane? I'm not going anywhere.

Lena: Save the world, Kara.

Kara: But...You are my world. I have to protect you. Both of you.”

Sara: The clock is ticking.

J'onn: Supergirl, please.

Lena: We’re going to be okay. Now Go! Up, up and away.”

Kara: I will come back. I swear I will, so wait for me.

*

"Will mom come back?" a little girl asked. The question took her mother by surprise.

"She will." That wasn't the response she's hoping for.

"When? I waited and waited but her absence is evident." It pained Lena to see her daughter's teary eyes. Kara left them when Lori's still in diapers. She never got to know her other mother. "Uncle Lex said mom is stuck at vanishing point. He also said mom is an alien. Is that true?"

Lena rubbed her forehead, unable to explain.

*

"Mommy how much longer do we have to wait? Each day, months, years passed. She's gone to a place we cannot find. We don't even know if mom is alive. Does she forget us?"

Lena fought back her tears, "Young lady, are you starting to lose hope?"

"It's been sixteen years."

"Some people are worth waiting for. Besides, Kara never breaks her promise. She'll come back."

"If you say so," the teen girl shrugs her shoulders.

*

Supergirl landed on the balcony. The hero scanned the crowded apartment. There's a party going on.

"I'm back," Kara said as she stepped into the room by passing the sliding door.

The music stopped. All eyes were on her.

"Kara, is that really you?" Alex asked, trying to be sober.

"In the flesh."

Alex ran and stumbled to hug her sister. They sob into each others arms and tell how much they miss each other.

"Where's Lena?" Kara looks around for her wife.

"She's upstairs," Kelly said.

Kara walked to their bedroom following Lena's heartbeat. When she came face to face with the door, she was hesitant. What would she say. What would Lena say?

Before she could react, the door opened and hit her nose. "Ouch."

"Oh Rao. I'm sorry. Why am I so clumsy? Are you okay?"

"All good here. I'm more concern about the door."

The young woman inspected the damage and the woman in front of her. The cape, the symbol.

"Darling, who is it?"

"Lena," Kara whispered.

The young woman noticed her gaze and gave way for the kryptonian. Kara ran and engulfed Lena in her strong arms. She smiled against her wife' chest.

"You come back."

"And I'm not going anywhere. Never."

After some time, Kara and Lena separated. Lena had a big smile plastered on her face. She turned to her left.

"Lori, this is Kara Danvers. Kara, meet Lori, she is our daughter."

AN: not really sure where this one's going 😅✌