Chapter two

" get up!"
Hard metal hit the door to the room where the renegade were sleeping. The guards outside his room locked the door open and one of them came in with some food. The young boy were only wearing a green t-shirt and baggy black pants. His blonde hair was all messed up, and it was obvious that he hadn't gotten enough sleep through the night. The guards handed him the plate of food without a word. The renegade was of course used to this. No one had ever had a normal conversation with him, most of them feared him. The guards left the room and locked the door again. The blonde, green eyed boy placed the plate of food on his bed as he stood up to get dressed. His uniform stood ready in the corner. It was all black, with small details of red, witch made him look different from the master of earth. With the mask covering his face, it would change his eyes from green to read. He didn't understand why that was necessary, but his only logical explanation was that it would make people fear him more.
" your master is waiting for you" the door was once again opened and the renegade grabbed some of the food from his plate to then leave the room to meet up with his boss.
Something like this was happening every day. He wakes up to the sound of metal against his door, gets serve food, then ordered to meet up with his master for more training.
He walked down the corridor towards the training grounds, accompanied by two guards. When he reached the door, he covered his head and face with his mask, and then entered the room. The guards didn't follow him inside.
The room was heavy decorated with old fashioned Chinese paintings and artifacts, covering every inch of the room. The paintings were telling stories of old legends and prophesies, witch the Renegade had an interest of. The room were lit with candlelight, witch gave the room a bit of a dark aura to it.
" you have called me master? "
The renegade bowed down before his master.
" I did indeed my boy. Please stand, for what we're going to do today is very different from other days." He stood up from his throne, if that's what it was called, and walked over to his young apprentice.
" I've been studying you lately, and you're doing really good. Better than anyone I've trained. You learn fast, you get stronger by every day, you are a very special person Renegade. So, I believe there's more to you. I believe you're not just some kid who has gotten the opportunity to fight alongside us, but I think you are something better, maybe even the chosen one. "
The boy looked up at his master confused. How could he be something like that? He sure did not feel special or better than anyone.
" of course I don't know this for sure, so I have some tests you have to go through. Don't worry, it's not going to hurt you, just do as you're told." His master then raised his hand to give his guards the sign to bring in the equipment.
Five guards stepped forward with each one carrying their own small box. They walked over to them and stood around the renegade.
" open the first box" order the shadow lord.
One of the guards opened the box and inside of it were burning fire.
" touch it Renegade " he spoke, and the boy was shocked to hear it. Why?
The renegade walked over to the box, slowly reaching his hand towards the fire. Then the flames suddenly started dancing as his hand got closer.
" that's enough " the shadow lord spoke. " next box"
The renegade walked over to the next box, the guard opened it, and on the inside laid some rocks. The boy reached out his hand to touch it, and when his hand came close enough, the stone slowly started shaking. ' what is this !?' The renegade though to himself as he moved on to the next box. The guard opened it and inside was water. He did the same as earlier and reached out his hand. When it got close enough, the water started moving. Then it suddenly froze. This was all a bit creepy, but the renegade kept on going. He moved to the next where the box contained a small piece of a battery. When his hand got close enough, it made sparks.
" unbelievable... what I suspected was correct " his shocked expression went from being surprised into a grin.
" this will change everything."

--------------------------------------------

" UP!"
Master Wu yelled at his students, slamming onto a small bell, witch surprisingly made a really loud and clear sound.
" ahhh no make it stop!" Kai groans tiredly. He covered his head with his pillow.
Zane, the nindroid stood up with no problem at all. Jey had pretty much the same reaction as Kai, while Cole slept through it all.
" I know you enjoy doing this master!" Jey groans tiredly at his sensei. Wu only chuckles as a respond " well we must train, i believe the green ninja would have no problem waking up early. This made Kai open his eyes, getting quickly out of the bed. " of course master! I'm up! No problem here!" He grins.
" oh shut up Kai, we all know that even the green ninja needs his beauty sleep.
" or she, who knows it could be a girl you know." Nya joined them. She was carrying their new washed suits " Zane, its your turn next. Morning by the way " she kissed Jey on the cheek before leaving the room again.
" one of you, please wake Cole and meet me at the training grounds in five." Wu then left without another word.
" ugh... we should really learn to go to bed early. Video games isn't really helping out" Jey mumbled.
" don't you dare blame video games." Kai responded.
Zane walked over to Cole's bed, gently shaking him to wake him.
" come on, you know that won't work brother." Jey told him.
" guys, I have an amazing idea!" Kai lightened up.
" oh yeah?"
" well let's pull a prank on him! "
" what? Kai! Sensei told us to be out in 10 minutes! We got only 5 minutes left now!" Jey spoke, liking the idea, but then scared of being punished by sensei for being late. " I'm not going to clean up dragon poop, just so you know "
" chill bro, it's a quick prank. We just need to soak him with a bucket of water, that's all we need. " Zane spoke.
" that's right my non human friend "
" alright alright, but hurry! We got 3 minutes left now!"
3 minutes later, five ninjas was out on the training ground, ready for the daily training. They all were suited up except one who was all wet.
" you guys are dead" Cole groans angrily as their sensei gave him a confused look before starting to give them instructions.
Garmadon joined them. As he came, he gave Cole the very same look as sensei Wu, and the ninja broke in laughter. Even Nya who wasn't a part of it, considered the whole situation as hilarious.
" ha ha so funny you guys. Just wait, I will have my revenge "
" focus Cole!" Garmadon spoke to him.
" yes sensei!" Cole now kept his focus on his senseis, trying not to get distracted by the others chuckling.
" now, if everyone would focus, I wouldn't have to waste more time than necessary. The world needs you boys more than ever." Garmadon stood beside his brother, speaking out loud to his students.
" you know who the green ninja is !?" Kai spoke without hesitation.
Wu lifted his stick and hits Kai in the head. " don't be silly Kai! I have already told you guys that we have no idea yet. And it might not even be one of you! "
" calm down brother, they are to young to understand the whole picture " Garmadon spoke calmly.
Kai rubs his head, a bit embarrassed by this all. Sensei was being honest after all. There was no guarantee that he was the green ninja, but he did not give up hope. He was the best fighter among them after all.
" we need to make sure you all reach your full potential, but don't stress about it. It will come in the right moment. " Garmadon explained as Kai snapped back to reality.
The Whole day was spent on training and to the ninjas frustration, none of them had proven enough potential to be the green ninja. Even Nya was a little upset about this all.
" come on guys, rest up. I have a feeling we will need it tomorrow..." she mumbled. The whole mood was slow and grumpy, so they all agreed to go to bed early. Once and for all, they now would be able to wake up to a day without being all tired.