Chapter Twenty four

Rain was poring down the rooftops. Dark heavy skies, and striking thunderstorms filled the air as the ninja was visiting a small town not to far outside ninjago city. Everyone except Jey was uncomfortable with this unusual storm above their heads, threatening to destroy them.

" why can't you make the rain stop Nya!?" Kai who hates water the most complains to his sister.
« are you stupid? I can't control the weather!" She replied, trying to knock some sense into her brother.
The others only chuckled at the sight of them, finding it funny to watch a desperate Kai.
" were here" Wu stopped before a small tea shop.
« eh... senses this is a tea shop and not our next mission " Jey reminds him. But Wu only smiled in return.
" this is your next mission."
" drinking tea?" Zane asks confused.
" no, but the owner of the tea shop has important information about the league " Wu answerd, quietly knocking onto the door to the shop.
It didn't take long until a old woman opened the door for them to enter.
" welcome Wu, come inside" she welcomed them all in. One by one they entered the shop without a word. After the mention of the league, the atmosphere around them got more serious.
Lloyd even had a feeling that things were soon coming to and end.
The old tea shop lady lead them into an empty dining room, welcoming them to take a seat by the fireplace. Kai who was soaked in water, happily took the closest seat to the fireplace, wanting to dry off the super annoying wet clothes.
The old lady served each of them tea while they waited for Garmadon to arrive with Misaco. He had left earlier to check out something he wouldn't tell them about, and Misaco had left with him.
" we can start without my brother" Wu told her.
" he said he would be late and wasn't sure of when he would arrive."
The old lady quietly shook her head.
« n..no.. i need you all here. It's quite important." She told him, not wanting to start just yet.
Lloyd watched her closely. If this was important, then telling them now would be better. They could tell Garmadon and get the problem fixed faster, but she had insisted on waiting for him.
" would you like some tea Green?" The old lady stopped at him, having served the others while he had been in deep though.
" I'm alright " he kindly turned down the offer.
" I don't take no for an answer " she poured tea to him and handed him the cup.
" thanks...." Lloyd mumbled and took a sip of it before putting it down onto the table.
She seemed pleased and moved on to take a seat next to Wu.
The storm outside filled the quiet room with noises, and Kai seemed more frightened than ever. He never liked thunderstorms. And never will.
The room was quite otherwise. The old lady seemed to be waiting.
" miss, I .. I honestly don't think Garmadon will be here soon.. and since it's urgent, we better know what's going on now. If it's about the league, we should act as fast as possible..." Nya breaks the silence. She had thought about the exact same as Lloyd.
" yes I agree " Lloyd backs her up. She sent him a 'tnx' smile.
The old lady almost seemed offended by this and this caught the attention of Wu. He quietly looked at Nya and Lloyd to get a conformation about what is going on. And they nodded quietly.
« miss Haywood... who are we really waiting for?" Wu finally speaks up.
The old lady fast turns her head towards him, frightened.
" n...no one! Only Garmadon!" She spoke nervously.
" what are they threatening to do to you if you don't obey their commands?" Nya got up from her seat.
" n..no! I have important information!"

" it's an ambush!"
Kai suddenly yells as the windows breaks and four black figures appears in the room. Their faces were covered up with masks and their uniforms were just like the league's.
" it's the league.. it's just like you suspected sensei " Lloyd began.
" yes, Garmadons intel was correct. " Wu speaks and looks at the old lady. But there was no longer an old lady standing there. It was a masked shadow like the others.
How was this possible...? How could this person change his appearance!?
" who are you!?" Wu pointed his staff at the young warrior standing before him. His face was masked, but he could shimmer a hit of red hair. By the look of it, this was a male, his body shape told him so, and he didn't seem to be older than ... perhaps 14?
How evil the league was... Wu couldn't believe how bad it really was.
But this boy... he had powers.. he had to be a master of the arts of shape shifting. Probably a decent relative of the master of smoke. Or perhaps light?
The ninjas were fighting the other league assassins.
Kai was busy fighting two of them as they had targeted him right away. Him being the closest to the fireplace and the window.
Nya had easily captured one of them with the help of Zane's freezings powers.
Cole and Jey were busy fighting their.
It did not take long until all of them were caught as they were easily overpowered by the ninja.
" you guys wouldn't go down without a fight I see" Kai pokes one of them as they all were tied up, except the one who had been freeze to the wall.
" alright this was easy " Jey happily celebrates while hugging his girlfriend.
" alright, now that Garmadon's in-tell was true, what now sensei?" Lloyd asks as he wasn't sure what to do next.
" well... Garmadon informed me about the league trying to gather us at one spot to ambush us, but he also told me about you" Wu now walked towards the red haired boy who looked up at the old man who was pointing at him.
" he told me about you, having special abilities.. you truly are gifted child.." he carefully removed the boys mask, and a frightened boy face appears. And to Lloyd's surprise. He recognizes him right away.
" 647!" He suddenly lets out, not thinking before acting.
" it's actually Armen now, just to your information. Well it's been a while 77.." he smiled shyly. It wasn't everyday he met old friends. And especially not a traitor.
" w..why are you here!? Why aren't you with the others...?" Lloyd asks him.
" well... I was sent here to catch you all... but... well... it didn't work out as you see" Armen quietly lowers his head.
" I didn't know you had... powers..." Lloyd couldn't at least remember them using them.
" me and my twin brother didn't know until overlord told us." Armen grins shyly, lifting his head a bit.
He honestly was happy to see Lloyd again.
He hadn't seen him for at least...4 years?
The ninja pulled off the masks of the other assassins, but Lloyd didn't recognize any of them. And they also seemed to be older than them.
But why... why send only 647? No, Armen as he now called himself.
" you know this kid..?" Nya comes up to Lloyd.
" yeah... old teammates... " he mumbled.
Why wasn't the others here? Why was Armen departed from the others? Was there going to be another ambush?
No, Garmadon had.... wait....
" Garmadon never gave us any intel at all. Your brother did it... didn't he..?" Lloyd looks at Armen who now suddenly turned scared.
" so there is a second ambush?" Kai looks over at the two of them.
" yes" Lloyd whispers.