Chapter three

That night, a big storm invaded ninjago city. Gray skies and heavy rain poured down the city as normal. Nothing suspicious about it at all, and very normal it was, but that night, renegade was out on his first super important mission. Tonight was the night he was going to prove his master that he was wordy of his title as the chosen one. Tonight, he was going to kill a ninja.

Dark heavy clouds covered the moon from the world, giving the night a darker shade of evil. The renegade was jumping from rooftops, quiet like the wind. He passed windows, protecting sleeping children from the darkness outside, and the renegade of course.
The temple was at the top of the mountain, high above the city. It sure would be hard for a regular person to climb it, but luckily, Renegade wasn't anyone regular, if he completed this mission with success, he would have proven his master that he was strong enough to encounter their own enemy in battle, and to prove that he could be the chosen one.
He of course didn't understand what his master meant by him being the chosen one but he knew better than to ask any questions, that he had learned not to do as a child. Still having the scars from his rebellious days.
Yes, there was times he refused to co-operate whit them, and he had been suffering a great deal for his mistakes.
Once when he was about 10 years old, he had figured out how to open the door to the room where he and 4 others shared a room, and they had found their way to the kitchen, starting to eat whatever they could find. It didn't go long until they were found and punished by their disobedience. Since Renegade was the one who had been leading these children to the kitchen and let them out of Their room, he had to watch them get wiped and punished for his mistakes, something he still felt guilty about today. He had also been pushed, but in a different way. Since the kids had been eating, The renegade wasn't given food for days to pay back the amount of food that had been eaten up until it was payed back by him not eating anything.
Every detail of that memory was stuck in his head and just the thought of it made him feel bad, but none had died or suffered to hard, but this had been his fault. His mistake.
The four roommates had been mad at him for some days, but after a week, they were back to being friends. They were actually his only friends. Or had been. He didn't know where or what had happened to them after they got separated from him. The League of Shadows had taken them out and sent them away to another base to train for a different purpose than him. MBack then, they didn't have names. All he knew then was by numbers. There were tre boys and a girl who had been on his team. And two of the boys must have been twins since they were all alike. Both with stunning read hair and green eyes. They were known as the twins of the dagger, and their number was 467 and 468. The third boy was a little older than the others, but he was known for his skills with a sword. He had dark brown hair and a scar on his nose. His number used to be 45. The girl was Renegades closest friend of the four. She had pretty blue eyes and a light redish hair color. She was known for her brains and talents with throwing knifes. Renegade often used to chose her as his partner when they were to train two and two on the training grounds. She always knew how to help him do a better job when there was something he was struggling with.
But this was years ago...
he hadn't seen them since the day they were taken away.
It was a cold winter morning when they had been training outside. On this quest, they were to train balance fighting on ice, and one of the twins had fallen through the ice. Renegade had been the one to save him. He had jumped down after him, but, the ice had froze on the way up again, and they couldn't breakthrough the ice. Both had started panicking. Their black uniforms were not waterproof and ice cold water came through. Renegade had started to lose strength when he placed his left hand onto the ice above without thinking and suddenly a green light broke the ice and they got up.
Their sensei had watched it all. Renegade had been sent to a room while the others headed back to their rooms. He sat there for hours, and then , for the first time in his life, he was sent to meet the shadow lord.
But when he returned to his room, none of the others were there. The shadow lord had sent them away so that he could focus on his special training from now on.

Moon light broke through the dark cloud and lighted up the temple.
" there " renegade whispers to himself as he slowly climbs up the mountain side to the ninja temple.
The league of shadows had reported that the ninja were elemental and fairly powerful. Even one of them happened to be a nindroid.
He reached the top and quietly jumped over the wall and down onto their training grounds. It was smaller than he thought. And not really as clean as he was imagining it. Quietly he opened the door, and quickly got inside. Was this it? The room was full of... trash.
He then ignored the small surprise and quietly moved on. He passed a room where an old man with long white beard was sleeping, snoring loudly. Renegade crossed the corridor and looked through another door that was half opened. This man was indeed not sleeping, but meditating. He hadn't noticed him, but a small noise would quickly give him away. This room however was quite different. Candles of light was everywhere and large paintings covered the wall. As he studied then closely, they were the exact same as the paintings in the throne room at their base! These were legends or prophecies! These kinds of things had always been something he had liked to hear, and had also been one of few things he enjoyed back at the league of Shadows.
The man in the center of the room now slowly turned around " Kai? Is that you?" His voice was calm and warm. Renegade had quickly backed away and out of sight. The old man thought he must have imagined someone and went back to meditating. Renegade was annoyed at himself for losing his focus and continued down the hall. He reached the room where the ninja were were all sleeping. He slowly pulled out his katana and slowly opened the door to their room.
Then suddenly a door to his left opened and a black haired girl stood in the doorway. She was confused at first but then released the danger as she noticed the katana in his hand.
" oh no you don't!" She yelled and grabbed her own sword. She quickly attacked the renegade.
He had forgotten about this one. Of course she was a ninja, and of course she wouldn't be sharing room with a bunch of guys.
The loud noise of swords against each other woke everyone in the temple. The girl and renegade fought intense as heads popped out of the doors.
" Nya! " Kai yelled and attacked the black suited boy as well.
" how dare you attack my sister!" He groans angrily at the stranger.
" silly! He was going to kill one of you boys! He was about to enter your room!" She informed her brother about the action.
" what!? How dare you!" Kai yelled at the renegade.
Renegade didn't answer. The other boys were already up and on their way towards them. No, he had no chance of completing his mission. But if he returned without success, he wasn't worthy!
He was losing control of the situation. He was surrounded. He then turned to run, but a tall man with grey hair and green eyes stopped him. This was the mad who had been meditating in the beauty room.
" I guess you must be the mysterious renegade, am I right?" The man smiled down at him. It was a kind smile.
Renegade didn't answer. These people were the enemy, and he had to get away now!
He attacked the old man with his sword and managed to jump over him and to a free path. But just when he was about to sprint and make his escape, he felt a strong arm grabbing his leg, making him lose control and collapse.
The second he was down, the red ninja jumped onto him and knocked the renegade out.