Chapter nine

" no! You're doing it all wrong Green! You're supposed to use the elemental powers against your opponent!" Kai yelled.
" no! It's better if you figure out a strategy and defeat your opponent by surprise!" Zane broke in.
" just smash him with a large rock, that's all I'm saying " Cole spoke, sounding almost bored.
" no! No! No!!!! Don't do that!? It will only get you killed! Turn to the left and save up some energy!" Kai pushed Zane out of his way, making him stumble and fall. As he was stumbling, he accidentally pulled out the tv cable, and the tv turned black.
" NOOOOIO!" They all yelled frustratedly.
" Zane! He was about to beat the boss !!! How dare you ruin his moment of fame!?" Kai was frustrated. He had helped Lloyd get all this way up to this level, and that without saving the game.
" well I told you to save the game in case something like this would happen " he calmly spoke, and stood up.
" no worries Kai, I will just have to fight my way through it again." Lloyd spoke and carefully handed Cole the game console. He happy took it and as soon as the cables were back to its right place, he started playing.
"But! So close to beat sensei Wu's record!!! " Kai wined and gave up on life.
Ever since the incident, Kai had forgiven Lloyd for what had happened, and was also great full to him for being able to save his life, even tho he was the one who almost took it from him. But 'Green' as they called him had changed. He was now trying to adopt the normal life of a human, and trying to become a ninja along side them. Everyone agreed to let him join, or well, everyone expect Jey. Jey had not forgiven Lloyd for what happened. And he promised himself that he never would. To him, he still was the enemy and soon would go all evil and kill his dare friends.

Jey watched them from the kitchen, where he sat next to Nya, helping her out with some technical stuff.
" just look at them... how silly. How can they still trust him after everything " he groans angrily.
" you know, you should give him a chance. He truly is a good person on the inside, it's not his fault that he grew up with evil people " she responded.
" well poor him! What about the safety of us!? What if he's planning on killing us later one day!? What if he kills you? I can't live with myself if that happens..."
Nya stopped working on her project and looked up at her boyfriend, and then took his face into her hands and kissed him gently on his lips. " don't worry about me... I got your back" he smiles in return.
" I got yours too, always." And he meant every word. If The green ninja would decide to turn evil one day, he would make sure he wouldn't react Nya. She was the very love of his life, and would give up anything for her. Even his own life...
" HEY! Stop! YOURE NOT SUPPOSED TO BEAT MY RECORD!" Kai yelled from the living room and threw himself over Cole to prevent him from finishing the game.
" Green! Save me!" Cole yelled and threw Lloyd the remote. Without hesitation, Lloyd caught it and continued playing for Cole as he was struggling with Kai.
" No! No! No!" Kai realized what was going on and was about to throw himself when Lloyd finally beat the record.
" YES!!!!! " Cole got up from the floor and celebrated his victory.
" thank you green!" He cheered happily and grabbed his hand to congratulate him for also winning with him.
Lloyd only laughed as the whole situation was stupidly funny.

" that's cheating!" Kai groans.
" technically, no, they worked together, so they're both standing with the record" Zane informed Kai, and this only made Cole laugh harder.
" oh I will beat you soon! Just wait!" Kai groans at Cole, but he couldn't hold back the laughter either. The whole situation was stupid.

" I'm happy to see you getting along so well" Wu interrupted them. They all put away what they had in their hands, and turned their attention to him.
" training is up in half an hour, be ready. Yes Green, you're going to join us as well" Wu smiled. Lloyd felt his heart beat faster. He had never felt this happy before... he had never played games or laughed loudly like they had done now, and now he was actually allowed to join the ninja in training. He had to admit it, he really liked it here.