Chapter eleven

" you're doing it wrong, you're supposed to let the energy flow through your body and then capture it into a form of power"
Garmadon corrected Lloyd as he was trying hard to focus.
Garmadon had made him stand in one foot, having his eyes closed and told him to focus on the energy inside of him.
" but I don't feel it..." Lloyd mumbles as he was trying to find it.
" it's because you're trying to look for it in a physical form. Energy isn't a form but a being." Garmadon explained.
But to no use. Lloyd couldn't understand what he was talking about and gave up.
" it's no use... I can't feel anything. " he mumbled.
" it's because you'r head is full video games " Garmadon hit him in the head with his staff.
" hey!" Lloyd tried his best to hide it, but it was true. He had been too close to beat Coles record on his own that he couldn't concentrate.
" but sensei, I already know how to use the powers I have! Look" his hands made two green balls of light.
" and this!" Then green flames were made.
" there is more to your power that just that" Garmadon answered, shaking his head in disappointment.
" well it's enough for today, it's to late anyway "
Garmadon had been training with Lloyd for almost about three hours, and decided it was enough for today. The boy was unfocused anyway and needed some time to rest.
For the last few weeks, he had been training him separately from the ninja, because he needed to understand the secrets of his own powers. Because he, was their key to a peaceful future.

Lloyd stretched out after a hard train session. He sure was exhausted. Garmadon had gone hard on him with training lately. Lloyd then noticed that he was still there, on the training ground, thinking of something.
" sensei? Is anything badgering you?" Lloyd spoke, and stood up from the ground, hoping nothing to serious was badgering him.
Garmadon looked at him, them used another minute to consider if he should tell the boy.
He then decided to do it.
" Green, at the league... did they... kidnap children..?" Garmadon sounded almost suspicious when he asked.
" yes sensei... they did. They took us and put us through hard training to one day because a special force of assassins... how come you ask?"
Lloyd answered. He had never really thought of himself being kidnaped. He had been raised there, so that was his home. But he knew they took children from families. He had been ordered to kidnap one himself.
" nothing special in particular..." he mumbled. Lloyd noticed his very sad expression. He had never seen Garmadon like this, and it somehow made him trust him more... this proved that he was a man with a heart.. unlike his previous master.
Garmadon left the grounds without another word, and Lloyd couldn't help but watch as he left.
Why did his mood suddenly change at this new information?
Lloyd couldn't shake this tough off himself and stood there for a while.
He knew one person who probably had answers, and quickly left the grounds to find her.

Misaco was cleaning up the dishes after their dinner as the green ninja suddenly rushed into the kitchen, almost running into Jey.
" watch it!" Jey yelled After Lloyd as he ran past him.
" sorry Jey! I didn't mean to badger you" Lloyd apologized.
" you always have after you tried to kill us" he growls at him.
Lloyd felt the shame raise inside of him and backed away, but there was no time to waste now. As he reached Misaco, he gently patted her onto her shoulder, and she turned towards him with a warm smile.
" anything I can do for you Green?" She asked, sensing the concern.
" can I ... talk to you in private...? If it's okay?" He shyly asked.
" oh well yes of course " she carefully put away what she had in her hands and grabbed a towel to dry her wet hands. She then carefully took Lloyds hand and lead him out of the kitchen. Quietly she lead him to the backyard where peace and quiet lay.
" what's on your mind my boy?" She asked, now facing him.
Lloyd didn't really know how or were to begin, and simply just started explaining what had happened under training.
" I'm not quite sure what is badgering him, but lately, he has been a bit to hard on me in training, and his mood hasn't been on top to be honest... and then he asked me this strange question. If the league kidnaped children or not, then he suddenly got all emotional... may.... I ask what is up with him? " he gave her a sad expression. It hurt him so much to see his sensei all unhappy.
Misaco's face saddens.
" well... it's hard to explain.. or not really... it's just hard for him around this time... it's hard for both of us... "
Lloyd felt horrible as he now had made her sad as well.
" I'm so sorry... i didn't mean to bring this up if it would hurt you..."
" oh no, please... I believe it's actually good for you to know " she interrupts him.
Lloyd looked confused at her. How could it be?
" at this time, for 14 years ago... our son, Lloyd was kidnaped from us... we don't know if he's alive today... but I think Garmadon asked you the question about the kids because he now knows that overlord is the leader of the league, and when garmadon left the evil side, overlord promised him that he would kill a person close to him as payment for his betrayal... he of course back then only had me and Wu, and held us safe from him. But he didn't expect little Lloyd to get kidnaped... and now he may have gotten a confirmation that he truly is dead..." tears broke out from her eyes and she quietly fell to her knees.
" I pray to God every day for him to take care of my little Lloyd and for him to send him back to me, and I refuse to believe he's dead!" She quietly cried.
Lloyds eyes went wide at this sudden outburst and gently went down onto his knees himself and pulled her into a gentle hug. She had done the exact same to him not long ago and he felt like he had to do this for her.
She was the only person here he truly trusted with all his heart, and it hurt him that she was so sad.
" you know.... I have never heard other any of the kids been brought there has been killed.... and if your son Lloyd had been killed... don't you think Overlord would have spread the news to the whole world? And especially let Garmadon know...?" Come to think of it, Lloyd did have some very good points indeed, and Lloyd actually believed that their son could still be alive.
Misaco slowly looked up at him, thinking the same.
" perhaps... you have met him." She whispered.
" do you know anyone by the name of Lloyd from the league?" She stared at him, with a glint of hope in her eyes.
" we all went by numbers... no one really had a name except nick names.
" that's a terrible thing... they treat you like ... weapons... "
Lloyd nods in agreement.
" that feels kinda true now. I have never experienced anything like you guys until I met you"
" what a terrible fate... " she replied.

" i am the lucky one, the others, not so lucky..." he mumbled. He now wished he could do anything to help the others.

" so your number was 77? How come you have that number?"
She asked, thinking it could mean something.
" I'm not quite sure to be honest, but seven is a holy number in the biblical ways, and it turns out I'm the green ninja... and I believe overlord knew that.." Lloyd mumbled, not making any sense to himself.
Misaco dried her tears away and smiled up at him. " we will be here for you. You're one of us now" she gently took his had and patted it. She knew he was a bit sensitive about his past, and didn't want to bring back to painful memories.
" we trust you, Green ninja " this was her last words. Lloyd felt almost honored by this gesture, and gave her a weak smile in return. She then quietly turned to leave. Lloyd watched her leave the guardian.

Then he took a deep breath, and quietly sat down onto the grass, closing his eyes, and listened to the sounds around him. He wasn't sure if he was doing it right, but he now tried to meditate. He didn't know why he had decided to do this, but he often caught glints of sensei Wu or Garmadon meditate, and they could be doing that for hours. Perhaps it was a secret art?
He then sat there very quietly.
He could hear the wind quietly move through the grass, he could hear the water dance in the river close by, he could hear the wings of flying birds. He could also hear Kai fighting with Jey over who had stolen the snack again, but he left that out.
As he sat there, he felt a cold shiver run down his back and when he had decided to open his eyes, he suddenly were surrounded by total darkness, and all there was, was himself, standing in an endless sea of water, but the water only reached to his knees. Even though there was water, and he was standing in it, he didn't feel it touch him physically.
" is this a spiritual... dimension?" He mumbled.
" hello? " he called out, and his voice threw itself like an eco.
He turned around to see if there was anything, anyone or anything as a movement. But there was nothing but the same darkness.

" what is this... where am I?" He spoke to himself, hearing the eco of his voice repeat his words again.

Out of the black, came a grey fog moving closer. Lloyd somehow knew it wouldn't hurt him, and slowly reached his hand out for it.
As it got closer, shapes took form, and the shadow started showing him pitchers of memories.It wasn't a specific memory, but it was all his memories, but it went to fast by for him to recognize any of them.

" what is going on!?" He called out, as it was overwhelming him.
Stop!" He yelled and reached his hands out as to stop it. and to his surprise, the flow of pictures suddenly stopped at one. But this was not a memory... this was a man standing in front of him. His face was one Lloyd couldn't recognize. However, the picture suddenly took shape into a real man. The fog formed itself into shape and limbs, making the man look more real that its former form.
" who... who are you..?" Lloyd asked as he slowly backed away.

" who I am..? The question is child... who are you?" The man was tall, he had grey hair and frankly didn't look old, but neither young. The man looked at him with his dark eyes.
" I asked you! Tell me who you are! " Lloyd commanded. He was frightened by all of this. The man noticed the fear in his heart and grabbed his hand quickly.
" child! Do not let fear enter your mind!" His eyes were now locked on Lloyds.
Unexpectedly, everything around them started changing. The darkness and the water were replaced by stones and dry, deadly land.
" keep your heart calm boy... there is nothing to fear... my purpose is not to hurt you, but I'm here to help." The old man spoke. Help? How could this man help? Did Wu and Garmadon meet this man when they meditated? Was he a man to be trusted?
Lloyd slowly took a deep breath, closing his eyes, and when he opened them, he were suddenly back in the garden.
" w..what was that... "he mumbled. It had been something, different.