Chapter forty two

A dark hand grabbed Lloyd's throat, making it hard for him to breath as he lifted him up from the ground as his feet now were over the ground, having nothing solid to stand on.
Lloyd tries to gasp for air, but wasn't able to inhale any as the grip around his throat was getting stronger.
" pity... this is how the legendary green ninja dies, how the prophecy dies, how the world dies" the shadow lord whispers into his ear, watching the boys face turn red from loss of air.
No, it could not end like this, and lines it was all up to him now.
The shadow lord had gained his full body and all his powers has returned to him, witch made him the most powerful being on eart, and soon would become the ruler of earth if he didn't do anything about it. Yes, Lloyd had to defeat him... he was the only one destined to. He was the one chosen to defeat this monster, and he was the last hope...
he raised his and and tried his best to focus. Panic grew inside him from the lack of oxygen, but he had to control himself, focus.. like Garmadon always had tried to teach him in training sessions.
Focus...
Out of no where, a large rock flew towards them, hitting overlord in the back, forcing him to let go of Lloyd.
As he felt the ground underneath his feet again, he quickly jumped out of his way, able to escape another grab from the dark lord.
For a second, he expected Cole to jump up behind him, but he never did. The large rock hadn't been Coke's doing... it had been his.. Lloyd had done it himself. Him being the master of all primary elements.
This made him realize what he truly possessed. Even through training, battle and victories, he hadn't truly understood what he could truly do... yes he knew how to use his powers In battle, and he knew he was able to heal people, he was the master of energy... the powers behind creation.. the source to all life... the exact opposite the dark lords powers...

" you have no place in a living world." Lloyd stood up straight, facing the dark lord, not showing any sign of fear towards him.
The dark lord watches Lloyd closely, unsure of what he meant by that.
" this world won't be living when I take over"
Lloyd took his fighting position and green energy formed in his hands.
" I'm sorry, but I won't let you" he grins at him. He wasn't just going to let him destroy this wonderful world that his grandfather had spent so much time working on. People lived peacefully and happily. Families and friends together, no. This was worth protecting.
Lloyd then slowly closed his eyes and focused on the energy inside of him, feeling it all around him, in all living things, in the earth beneath his feet and in the air he was breathing in. This world was full of it... full of life and energy.
And that was going to be the dark lords downfall.
Waves of energy now surrounded Lloyd, flowing around him, obeying him.
Lloyd could feel himself grow stronger as the energy was growing in power by every second.
The shadow lord slowly backed away at the sight of him. He had never seen this much green before, and that was coming from a young boy.
He himself could feel his powers slowly fade.
" what's going on!" He yelled at Lloyd frustrated. This wasn't right. He had gained his full self now. He was supposed to grow stronger! Not weaker!
" you're growing weaker... because you don't truly belong here... your darkness is the exact opposite of the light, witch this world is full of. My powers are made out of the light... therefore you are not strong enough to fight up here, the world of light is not your home, and this world will do anything to remove you!"
Lloyd raised both his hands high up into the air, and the ground underneath them started breaking up. In between the cracks, green light shone up from it, surrounding Lloyd and the dark lord.
" no! This cannot be happening!" The dark lord yells in anger, trying his best to avoid the green light, but it was everywhere. The light was burning him. His dark skin was inhaling the green energy and it was tearing his skin, weakening him slowly.
" how is this possible!" The dark lord screams out in frustration, trying his best to hit Lloyd with his attacks, but the power around them were to powerful.
" you will no longer have the power to hurt anyone else, ever again. I will banish you to the underworld, and there you will stay in all eternity!" Lloyd spoke, his voice being heard all over the place as a deep and loud echo.
Garmadon watched this all from the ground where he laid weakly.
He had never seen such power before, and was proud to watch his son defeating the darkness of his past and the evil that has destroyed so many lives.
He wanted to help, but he knew this wasn't his battle...
As Lloyd had spoken, the ground under them split open, and a large amount of energy surrounded the dark lord, now forcing him down towards the deep dark underworld where he truly belongs. He was fighting hard to stay up, but the power were to strong and he had almost no strength left to fight it.
" DOWN!" Lloyd commanded and the energy obeys, now dragging the shadow lord down. The ground them seal itself together, making it impossible for the dark lord to ever return.
Garmadon watch Lloyd, terrified at everything. The guards around them were spear. And so was he.
Lloyd took a deep breath as this had used up all of his energy. He was way to weak to stand up straight now and lost his balance, falling to the ground. But Garmadon caught him in the last second, preventing him from hitting it.
" now there... perhaps taking it easy from now on..?"
Lloyd couldn't help it but laugh at what Garmadon had said. Yes, it would be really good to just relax right now, that indeed was true.
Garmadon smiles, happy to see that he was alright. But then his face got more serious. This was the first time in his life he got to see his son straight into his green beautiful eyes.. the first time he got to hold his son in his arms... this was the first time he got to look at him and know that this boy wasn't Green... but Lloyd.
And Lloyd realized this as well....
This was his father... his true father...
They both laid there quietly, just watching each other.
Tears formed in Garmadon's eyes and he slowly bowed down, kissing Lloyd gently on his forehead. He hadn't been able to do this to his son for so many years... and he thought he never would... he was happy to be wrong.
Lloyd didn't know what to say... this was all new to him, and all he could feel was an unlimited joy witch he couldn't explain. He had always wanted a family, a real one by blood.. but when he met the ninja, they became his family, and they had become the best family ever, even that wasn't by blood... but then it turns out that his master... was his actual father...
" I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you that night they took you away... I'm sorry I couldn't stop them... and I'm sorry I wasn't able to find you.. to prevent them to putt you through the hell you've been through" Garmadon hugged him. Deeply. He was a failure.. he hadn't been able to save his son...
Lloyd yet again didn't know what to say... this was a very emotional moment and he could feel the tears press on. And he let them. He let them break free. He laid his head against Garmadon's chest, crying it out. Of course he would forgive him, it wasn't his fault that he wasn't able to save him.
Misaco ran into the room, along side Wu and the ninjas.
Even Armen was among them. But they all stopped at the door, knowing this was a very serious moment that shouldn't be ruined.
Misaco however ran towards them. She ran as fast as she could, her beloved husband and son were reunited, and she had to be a part of this to. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she warped her arms around them both, pulling them into a deep wet hug, not letting go of them.
" I don't blame any of you, I'm just happy to finally see you again" Lloyd managed to say. Those words truly made his parents feel better, but they would never let this happen ever again. Never.