Chapter thirty five

Lloyd lifted his head. Wh...who was this? This didn't sound like overlord. Or... was it overlord..?
When he raised his head, a tall, shadowy figure stood there, looking down at him with eyes so dark, that no one could ever believe them to be natural.
This wasn't exactly overlord... it didn't look like him, nor did it sound like him. But how... how could he be here? Sitting on overlords throne like if he never had any power in this part of the land.
" well I don't suppose you recognize me. I've been quite busy." The shadow lord started walking down from the throne and downwards him.
" w...who are you..?" Lloyd stammered, not knowing what else to say.
" oh it's me alright. But your overlord.. was just a small part of me, a 1/5, a clone, tasked to rule around here until I could return from the underground."
Lloyd was still confused. Why? Why was this new overlord or... shadow lord here now? Why had he been in the underworlds?
" yes, that's a good question my dare child" the voice spoke inside his head, shooting fear into Lloyd as he realized.
" yes, I can read your mind. And I will give you answers" the dark voice chuckles.
" I simply can confess that after your father had betrayed the league, he had managed to trap me down in the undergrounds, trapping me there, but that didn't prevent me from sending up my clone to take my place as lord until I could return and take back my rightful place as the ruler of Ninjago" these words he spoke out loud and not inside Lloyd's head.
This was bad. He was way more dangerous. Overlord was nothing compared to him... overlord had only been a part of him... and his father had tried to lock him down in the underworld... but how had he escaped?
Suddenly a stinging feeling came from his arm and he quickly turned his attention to his now hurting arm.
The bracelet....
it was activated, and now the venom was spreading out into his body for the third time. Dark marks started running up his arm and out through the body, just like before, only this time, there was no sensei wu, or Nya to stop it. This was going to be the death of him. The bracelet of Solomon was going to kill him, slowly, but surely.
" I guess it's best to just get rid off you. As fast as possible, I don't need the old prophecies to be for filed." The shadow lord spoke, gently grabbing onto Lloyd's blonde hair.
" w...what prophecy...?" Lloyd managed to speak.
The dark eyes looked into his.
" the boy doesn't know?" He turned to look at Clouse who had been standing there quietly. He only raised his shoulders in response, not sure what to say. He honestly had expected the ninjas to tell him the porpoise of the legendary green ninja, but he guessed they had never gotten that far. Perhaps Garmadon had not told him because he had tough that the shadow lord was already trapped down in the underworld forever.
" the boy doesn't know." He turned his attention back to where Lloyd sat before him into his knees, being held up by his grip onto his hair. He watched the dark marks spread.
" the prophecy tells us about a legendary green ninja, who will defeat the lord of his the shadows, preventing him from taking over world, becoming the hero of all time" the dark figure spoke. Lloyd didn't know how to describe it. Or him. He was tall, muscular, but it didn't seem like his body was solid. It was almost like... dark smoke, trying to find a form but failing. If he didn't have a solid body... then the shadow lord couldn't have been fully whole.  Something was missing. He had not regained full power. Lloyd realized this, and without hesitation, he forced himself to let out a kick. He hit the evil figure right into his chest, and just like he had calculated, he wasn't solid. But it had hurt him. Even though it was a weak kick from Lloyd, it had caused him great pain.
" you're weak." Lloyd spoke, jumping backwards, making a distance between them.
The shadow lord grit his teeth and groans towards him.
" soon I will be whole, Garmadon has the last pice of myself that I need."
Lloyd was to weak to stand up straight, but he fought the temptation to give up.
The poison was spreading through his body, but he had time... he could do something. He could prevent the monster to reach his.... father....
It felt weird calling him that... all this time, he had looked up to Garmadon as a master and friend... and he had looked back at him as a student and the legendary green ninja...
how was he going to tell him...? He couldn't... this was to much.. he would probably be disappointed.. the poison was slowly killing him anyway... at this rate, he would probably be dead before tomorrow morning..
« why don't we bring the man himself here? The wound like to complete the ritual tonight" the shadows lord spoke, turning away from Lloyd and went up to his throne.
He had read his mind again. He knew Lloyd was nervous to meet Garmadon, now that everything was changed. And Misaco... would she be happy to see him again? Would she except him...? Yes... deep down he knew she would. She had been the first one to really give him a chance. She had treated him so kindly the very first time they had met and she had become someone dare in his heart. Honestly, they all had a dare place in his heart.
Lloyd finally lost the last of his strength and fell back down onto his knees.
The pain was rising and the poison was starting to break him.
" to bad you can't take it off, and to bad you don't have this one" the shadow lord held up his own wrist, showing off the second bracelet of Solon, the alpha.
" h...how did you get it" Lloyd groans angrily at him. That bracelet had belonged to Garmadon. He had first thought it had been Garmadon who had activated the bracelet the second time its poison had ran through him, but it had already been stolen by then, and then it had to be someone from the league.
" perhaps you should ask your goon friend, 47, or should I call her ( your/name)"
Lloyd's heart snuck in his chest. No, this couldn't be true... ( your/name) would never have done this to him, she was a good...
the note... she had left him a note under his pillow... if she had left it there... then she had to have been in the temple of spinjitsu, their home... and if she had been there then they must have been looking for... the bracelet...
" betrayal is a painful thing. You should know that. Well I understand you. I wasn't too happy about your father betraying me either."
He spoke coldly, now leaning forward in his seat.
Without any warnings, the door behind Lloyd burst open and five guards were struggling to drag a way to familiar face into the room. Garmadon.
He was fighting hard to get the guards off, him and in the end he managed too.
" our guest is finally here"
The shadow lord smirks down at both of them.
" hands off!" Garmadon snaps at one of the guards before he finally realized where he was.
Lloyd turned his face away from him.
He couldn't do it...
He couldn't do it...
he couldn't do it...
He was to scared to find out. Why? Lloyd didn't know, but he hadn't been prepared to ever find out who his parents would be.
" the bracelet.... Green... you're" Garmadon had noticed him, and the marks who was spreading. His eyes were wide in terror.
" dying"