Chapter Fifteen

He was running as fast as he could, but it was to almost no use. The serpentines were also very fast and they  weren't far behind, getting closer by every second that passed.
" and I who thought snakes were supposed to be sneaky and not speedy" he mumbled to himself as he ran.
He then eyed door witch was half way open and quickly ran inside. The serpentines who had been following him passed the door, not realizing their mistake.
As they got close enough, Lloyd slammed the door open and Hirt the snakes so hard that they all laid on the ground, knocked out.
" sorry..." he mumbled and started investing their stuff, looking for something that could prove useful.
" aha!" Lloyd pulled out a map from one of the snakes, and started investigating.
" this whole place is a maze... I would have no chance of getting out if I didn't get my hands on these" he grins and looks down at the snakes.
" thank you mr serpentine" he joked and got up. For a second he stood there listening, hoping there would be no one else close by.
As everything seemed clear, he started walking in the direction that seemed to be the headquarters of the serpentine king, and he believed it had to be there they held Jey captive since he seemed to be their whole goal of their attack.
" be okay Jey... I'm coming " Lloyd whispers as he quietly ran down the hallway, searching his way towards the main headquarters.

Everything around him was grey. Like a dark fog covered his mind from thinking anything. All he could feel was a cold chilling feeling. His body felt limp and heavily weakened. He had never felt so drained of energy like this before. He had been the most energetic ninja on the team, but now he felt like something was missing. An important part of him were gone, and he felt nothing but emptiness.
He slowly opened his eyes. There wasn't much light down here, but the little there was, really hurt his eyes. But he forced them open. He then released he was being held contained in a tube full of a blue liquid, looking almost like water, except the fact that this wasn't water. He wasn't sure what it was, but he was sure that this liquid was draining him from energy and his powers. Something covered his mouth so it made it possible for him to breathe, but there were lots of cables attached to his body, and his hands were tied up to the wall behind the glass. He tried to move, but he regretted doing that right away as a shocking pain rushed through him.
" morning " a voice spoke from outside the glass. The serpentine general.
" you look more pale than usual " he laughed at Jey through the glass, enjoying this sight of him.
Jey wanted to say anything, but the thing over his mouth prevented him from doing so.
" don't worry, there's no need for you to talk anymore, we only need your power to complete out goal, then we will end it peacefully. You won't feel a thing when we're putting you into a sleep forever. " the evil snake grins at him, slowly picking up something from the table. He held it out in front of him.
" see this? This is what we're getting out of you" he held a blue colored pill.
Jey raised his eyebrow at him as a sign of not believing him.
" well the energy inside this pill is what we got out of you okay? We need this to gain your power so we can evolve into a strong Alfa serpentine. " he explained, putting the pill down at the plate in front of Jey.
" we're actually pretty much done now so we soon won't be needing you anymore. And now since you're powerless, the ninja won't be needing you anymore." He chuckles, walking towards the computers to calculate. As he reached it, a fist suddenly slammed into his head, knocking him away from the computers.
" well you should be more observant " Lloyd grins him as the snake got up .
" your computer has been warning you about me escaping for a while now," Lloyd informed, walking closer towards the serpentine.
" Fool, how do you expect to beat an Alfa serpentine!" He quickly swallowed one of the pills. Lloyd backed away, he wasn't sure what to expect of this but it sure wasn't going to he pretty. The serpentine slowly fell to his knees, looking like he was about to throw up, when the skin on his body slowly started to change its natural color. The general used to be red with white marks, but now, his body was evolving and the white marks slowly turned black. His fangs slowly grew longer, and his green eyes turned yellow. Sharp spikes grew out of his back and his feet grew into a long tail instead of legs.
" oh no..." Lloyd mumbled, not liking the sight of this Alfa form.
The general slowly stood up, not used to his new form.
" I feel... stronger!" He grins, stuffing his own new body. However, Lloyd took this as an opportunity to strike. He general wouldn't be strong enough to get used to his new shape, and Lloyd took advantage of this. He attacked without another word. The general didn't expect this sudden attack, but was able to block Lloyds attack, but now t being used to his tale, he stumbled backwards and fell. Lloyd expect this, and without any notice used his fist with his green energy power to knock the general out.
" I'm actually getting the hang of my powers" Lloyd smiled happily to himself. Then he turned to Jey who had been watching everything.
" don't worry.. I'm going to get you out of there..." Lloyd pulled out a kunai, studying the glass of Jey's prison. He threw the kunai at the glass, but it did not break. It didn't even leave a mark.
" do you know how to break it..?" Lloyd looked up at Jey.
" Jey?" Jey watched him, but was to weak to do anything or move. Lloyd then realized how bad his condition was.
" oh no.... " he whispered, starting the get worried. Would he even survive if he got him out of there? He had to try, theses snakes would kill him if not.
Lloyd then gently laid his hands onto the glass, closing his eyes to concentrate. He had never been able to make a big energy power explosion, but he at least had to try... for Jey. Perhaps they weren't friends, but he was now a part of his new family.
Yes, he was doing this for his family. And Jey was a part of it.
As these thoughts flew through his head, the energy inside him started forming, growing bigger than ever before, and as it grew, Lloyd opened his eyes and took control of that energy, letting it flow out through his hands and into the glass. As the energy touched the glass, it slowly breaks up and shatters in the end, breaking the whole container.
Lloyd quickly backed away as a wave of blue water liquid flows from the container.
" Jey! " Lloyd ran over to him, very carefully removing the mask from his mouth.
" hey... you alright? " Lloyd asked him, ripping off the chains that was holding him to the wall.
Jey gasped for air, slowly trying to not lose himself as he felt very dizzy. Lloyd knew right away that he wouldn't be capable to walk at all, and very gently helped him out of the container, laying him carefully onto the ground.
" talk to me.. anything... just give me a sign that you're alright..." Lloyd gently laid his head onto his lap, making it more comfortable for him to lay there. Jey was so weak, and very pale. Lloyd got more worried by every second. He was having a hard time breathing, and he had lost way to much blood.
But then Jey weakly reaches out his hand weakly, grabbing onto Lloyd's hand, looking into his eyes.
" I'm... sorry... about everything.. you're nothing.... like them..." he whispered, not being able to say more. He then slowly closed his eyes, not being able to stay awake anymore.