Chapter five

It had been a long time since he had used the bracelet of Solomon, but In this case, he and Wu had agreed on this being the best conclusion for the quest. Garmadon carefully opened the old chest of the dragons and gently picked up a small red box, containing two cursed bracelets. Both in the shape of a emerald green snakes.
He also took out a small dagger witch he lifted up to his right hand and cut himself enough to make blood peel though. He then opened the box and carefully grabbed both of the snakes and fed them a little of his blood, activating them.
" they're now obedient to you brother, since you're the one to feed both of them blood. " Wu spoke.
" you sure about this ?" He asked him, not convinced this was the right thing to do."
" if he is to stay here, he needs something to prevent him from actually kill the ninjas " Wu answered, understanding his concerns.
" all you need to do now is to feed the one of the bracelets the boy's blood and put it on him, then you will be able to stop him from harming anyone as long as you wear the second one. " Wu explained.
Garmadon nods and puts on the first bracelet around his own wrist. The bracelet moved around his wrist, until it almost reached around it two times until it turned into the shape of hard stone. He then put the second bracelet into the box and faced his brother. " alright, then let's do this. "

The room was half way dark, and Renegade slowly felt himself getting more tired by the minutes that passes. He wasn't sure, but there must have been more than one hour of waiting. Even the two ninja in front of him seemed a bit confused at what was taking so long.
" eh... what is taking them so long? Zane, can you scan the house to make sure that they're still alive?"
Zane looked at him almost offended. " Cole, they're not that old, you shouldn't say things like that" Cole just grins at him " then you should confirm that I'm wrong "
Zane feared his words and scanned the whole temple. But as he did, the door suddenly brushed open and the two senseis walked in.
" sensei! You're alive!" Zane was so delighted by this.
Garmadon was confused but did not waste his time on this obvious prank.
Renegade noticed them and raised his head.
" I believe you had said an hour...? Perhaps you misspelled it?" The boy grins at the two older men.
" we have came to a conclusion and we apologize for the long time you had to wait " Wu nods at the younger boy, then turns to leave. He then faced his students. " let's leave the two of them alone shall we?" Cole and Zane nods and walks out with their master, leaving Garmadon alone with the boy.

Renegade somehow felt a bit uncomfortable of a sudden, being alone with a legend like Garmadon.
He was well known by the league, and they had almost worshipped him and his cause.
But they for sure did not worship the new Garmadon.
Renegade watched the older man open a small red box. Inside, it contained a emerald green bracelet, shaped like a snake.
" what is this..?" Renegade asked, not recognizing this object. But he noted the fact that it wasn't a common gift.
" this is the bracelet of Solomon. Perhaps you have heard of it? " Garmadon studied the boy.
Renegade shook his head, thinking hard. He probably had learned about it in the classes the league had for the kids under training. They weren't only fighting on the battlefield but they were also having classes where they were told about magical objects and legendary weapons of old time. Renegade had spent most of those classes sleeping. A 16 year old like him didn't always spend his night sleeping at that time.
" by the looks of it, I believe you don't. Well, we have decided to let you stay here with us. Whoever forced you into the life of crime, you are safe from it here, we're giving you the chance of becoming a better person, away from the evil life of crime."

" what makes you think I want to stay here? " renegade spoke, knowing he easily would be able to escape them.
" that's why we're honoring you with this gift " he gently lifted the bracelet out of the small red box and held it up so the boy could see it clearly . Renegade was confused. What could such a small thing do to prevent this?
" all I need is a drop of your blood." Garmadon stared at the boys green eyes. He wouldn't admit it but they did remind him of his own son. He didn't like what he was about to do, but it was necessary for the safety of themselves and the citizens of ninjago city.
He pulled out the small dagger he had used earlier and very carefully cut the boy on his arm, feeding the snake bracelet some of the peeling blood. It's eyes turned red with the color of the blood. Garmadon then cuts the ropes around the boys hands but leaves the ropes on his feed untouched.
The first thing Renegade did was of course to attack the older man, but he grabbed his hand with such force that he lost the battle right away.
" don't try me kid"
Garmadon then took the bracelet and the snake slowly tied itself around the boys hand. Then both bracelets started glowing read, and the boys hand suddenly was shocked with pain. Renegade let out a scream as it was the worst kind of pain he had ever felt. It felt like the bracelet was burning his soul and not his actually his hand. Then both snake bracelets opened their mouth and sharp fangs digs into both their wrists. Garmadon groans in pain as it was a terrible feeling. Then a poison slowly spread out into Renegades arm, only Renegades bracelet carried poison.
" this bracelet connects the two of us together. It's power won't allow you to be further away from me that 100 meters. If you try , a wave of stinging pain will torture you and if you keep trying to escape it, the poison from your snake will knock you out if you keep trying to escape. But it's a strong poison, many actually dies from it if they try to cross the 100 meters border to often. And at my command, I can order your bracelet to shoot pain through your arm like lighting if I see if it's necessary. "
The pain had knocked off by now, and renegade was staring shocked at Garmadon.
" w..what!? The hell!? I refuse to be your prisoner!" This scared him. This mission was going all wrong! He was supposed to be back at the base by now! A ninja should have been dead by now! Why was he still here!?