1.4 - Initiation - Roam

Niall's POV

We're walking around aimlessly, working off the meal we just ate. I noticed how attentive she is to everything I say. I haven't felt that in a while, like everything I say is just so important and meaningful. Last time I felt something like it was when I was on stage, singing one of my slower songs, and the whole crowd is just silent and listening to the music. And the last time that happened was a long time ago. I miss touring!

'What are you thinking about?' She asks me, knocking me out of my thoughts.

'Hmm? Oh, umm, just thinking I miss performing. Anyway, tell me something I don't already know about you.'

'Well, apparently, you know more than I think.  I am curious to what did you find with those background checks.'

'Oh, umm, not much. I know you were born in Paris, France. I know your birthday. I know you only have a brother, who's married. I knew you moved here 5 years ago before you told me this morning. I know you're a total sci-fi geek and that you like collecting figurines from your Instagram page. I'm guessing you don't like your picture being taken? It's either that or you don't like updating your Insta page. I know a little about the type of music you like. You have great diverse taste, like me. But honestly, you lack a lot of knowledge on any music that came out before the late 90s! And we gotta fix that. You're missing out on a lot.'

'Wow! Stalker alert!' She chuckles.

'Hey, I like to know who are the people I'm dealing with! Besides, if you don't want people to know anything about you, don't put your profile as public!'

'So all of that just by observing my Insta page?'

'Yupp!'

'Oh god, please tell me that the only thing you did.'

'You mean, please tell you that I didn't go to your friend's Insta page, which is also public and easy to find since you tagged them on a group selfie, and then found the video of you singing "What a Time" in a karaoke bar? Yeah, I totally didn't not do that!'

'Oh my god! This is so embarrassing!'

'No it's not! You have a beautiful voice and it was an amazing performance! For a karaoke I mean. I love the way you don't just sing the song, you feel it too. I could see the pain and nostalgia in your eyes, your movements, your whole body language. I enjoyed it.'

Aww! She blushing! She's so adorable! And of course, she turns away.

'Can I ask you a question?'

'Yes, of course!' She mumbles.

'I noticed you have the habit to avoid eye contact. And I probably don't know you enough to say this. But I think you're a very shy person. And I don't know, I'm kinda compelled to help you at least reduce that, at least with me.'

'Actually! I've made a lot of progress! I used to be so shy it was really crippling, socially. But I've made a lot of progress since my teenage years, and I've built a lot of self-confidence.'

'Okay, that's good to hear. And I'm not denying that. I'm just saying what I noticed.'

'Well, I mean how do you expect me to be around you. You're amazing! And I'm... me...'

'If I wasn't famous, would you have said the same thing?'

'Assuming I know as much as I do now about you? Yeah of course.'

'What do you mean?'

'If I knew that you're kind, caring, loving, passionate about the things you love, friendly, funny, attentive to details, kind of a perfectionist maybe? organised, anyway I'm rambling. If I knew all that about you, yes I still would've said the same thing. I guess the only difference is, if you weren't famous and we were getting to know each other at the same time, I would've discovered all those things bit by bit. I guess because when I met you, I already knew all those things, it could get a bit... Overwhelming? Maybe? I don't know.'