2.2 - Immersion - Little Venice

Chloe's POV

'Little Venice! Never knew this place existed.' is the first thing Niall says when we meet up to the location I sent him earlier.

'Really?' I ask.

'Yeah, I've been living here for nearly 10 years and I had no idea there's something like that!'

'Well, to be fair, you weren't always here... Between the time you spent touring and the time you've lived in LA. I guess you don't have enough time for sightseeing.'

'Yeah, true. It's a shame though, there's a lot of beautiful places that I've missed out on.'

'Well, no time like the present! But first! Breakfast.'

I lead him through the streets and straight to the coffee place I usually go to. We pick up two coffees and a quick bite to-go which we finish while walking to my favourite spot there.

'By the way, I wanted to say... Sorry about yesterday.' He says out of nowhere.

'Umm? What for?' I ask confused.

'Oh, umm, I guess towards the end I acted a little weird? And didn't say anything the whole drive to your place. I just had a lot on my mind.'

'Oh, it's okay. And if you need anyone to talk to about whatever that is weighing you down. I'm here. I know I'm just the person that's writing your biography, and you might feel like you don't want to tell me some personal stuff. But like you said, we're friends. And friends support each other. Anyway, that's just how I see it. If you don't... Well sorry if I'm overstepping.'

'Thank you.' He smiles as he briefly holds my hand, letting it go after one gentle squeeze.

We get to the waterfront, walking towards the garden. We stop halfway and I sit on the floor near the water and he does the same. I can't the wide smile on my face. I love being here, and to have Ni next to me, sharing this with him. I just never thought I would ever be here. And I'm so grateful for everything and everyone that have led me here.

'So Clo, tell me, why is this your favourite spot? I mean the whole place is beautiful, but you didn't take me to the garden, on any of the boats. We're just sitting on a random spot near the water. I'm intrigued.'

'So, as soon as I got to London, I knew I wanted to visit everything there is to visit. And within the first few months, I just got obsessed with parks. So I made a list with all of the parks in the area and started crossing them off. I only got here like  2 years later. Cause I got busy with the stuff going on and everything. So by the time, I've started feeling very homesick. And that's when I discovered this. As much as I love the central area and the Thames. But I still hadn't found anything that matches the river banks of the Seine in Paris. And there, I had a spot, at the exit of the train station in Saint-Michel. I always made a bee-line straight to that spot. I've spent so much time there. Whenever I was feeling sad, depressed, hopeless, or I just needed to get away from everything, just chill and enjoy the beautiful scenery, I just go there. And I missed a place like that here. And then I found the closest thing to it, right here in Little Venice. And I've been coming back here a lot for the same reasons.'

'I can't help but notice your favourite spots are related to negative feelings. I get that it's a getaway, but from what you said, you go there a lot. I wonder why are you always surrounded with such negativity. You deserve to be happy. Aren't you? I mean I remember yesterday you said "Satisfied" not "Happy". Why?'

'Well, enough about me! Let's talk about you now!' I blurt standing up and I start walking towards our next destination.

He follows my movements, quickly catching up to me, gently holding my wrist. I turn, looking at the ground avoiding his gaze.