Chapter Six: Intermission - LA

Chloe's POV

It's been 12 days since I last saw Niall. I text him every three or four days just to make sure he's okay but we don't talk much. I hate this. I miss him so much and I'm worried sick. But I think this time apart should help him figure things out, what he wants or whatever. I chose to not show up unannounced, and instead waited till he asked to see me but he never did. My friends are trying to be supportive of me and not talk badly about him. I know they think I should give up and move on, or at least Cat does. But I can't... I just love him.

I lazily twist in my bed, which I rarely leave these days, when I hear my phone vibrating on the nightstand. I blindly reach for it but jump at the sight of Niall's name on the screen.

'Hello? Niall? Everything's okay?' I ask quickly.

'Yeah, I'm good. Are you okay? You seem a little shaky?'

'Oh, it's nothing. I'm good. I was just laying in bed and your phone call kinda startled me.'

'Sorry about that. Look I know that things have been weird lately, and thank you for giving me some space to figure things out, it helped a lot. But now I miss you, and I have to go to LA and we still haven't finished covering everything for the book. So would you like to come with me?'

'To LA? Are you sure? After our last trip?'

 'Yeah, never been surer.'

'Alright. When do we leave?'

'Sorry this is last minute but I've lost time debating it with myself. The flight is tomorrow.'

'Tomorrow?! Okay... how long are we staying?'

'I don't know, somewhere between a week and two. Don't worry about packing just get your essentials. I can buy you new clothes or whatever you're missing from there.'

'Yeah right!' I chuckle, 'I don't need you to buy me stuff. I got it. Send me the flight and hotel info and I'll meet you at the airport tomorrow.'

'Alright. But, I actually thought you'd stay at my place. I have a lot of room.'

'Niall! No!'

'Why not?'

'You know exactly why not!'

'It's not gonna be a problem anymore.'

'What makes you say that?'

'Because I'm not gonna let it be a problem anymore. Like you said, it's just something I made up in my head and now it's gone. It's not gonna be a problem.'

'Are you sure?'

'Yes! I am!'

'So you'll stay at mine's?'

'Do I really have a choice?'

'Not really no...'

'See you tomorrow Ni.'

Niall's POV

I knew that I made a mistake when she started being distant. Having her around and yet so far from me... her not looking at me has always made me feel invisible. I've always hated feeling that with her, since the first day. But now it was different. Losing her warm tight hugs, the way she strokes my back and runs her hand through my hair when she's comforting me. Losing the feeling of her laying in my arm as we watch a movie I would be barely paying any attention to because I'm too busy looking at her. Losing the ability to just play with her long soft wavy brown hair. That moment at the front door, her wanting to leave, not letting me touch her, made me see red. Not at her, of course not. I was angry at me. I knew at that moment that I'm just the biggest idiot ever. But as soon as she let her guard down and put her hand on my chest, I lost it. I lost control. All I could think about was the taste of her lips.