8.4 - Isolation - Knock Knock

Chloe's POV

A little light and laughter have been introduced back into my life now that I reconnected with Julien. Last weekend we went to the zoo and some touristy spots we never really visited while we were there. Last time I laughed this hard was while hanging out with Niall, Conor and Lewis. Most of the time not spent writing, I've been able to stop myself from thinking about him. But it's just because I'm distracted with all the activities I'm doing with my old best friend. I feel like the second I step in London again, all of that would be gone and I'll go find Niall first thing. But it's inevitable. I'm close to done writing. There's still a gap that needs filling, which means I have to talk to Niall. Maybe send him an email? I don't know. I don't like working that way. If he has a story to tell, it should be face to face. If it's not I won't be able to write the emotions into it correctly because I won't be able to see them for myself.

A knock on the door interrupts my Saturday morning writing session. 

'Good morning!' Julien chirps as he playfully pushes past me with a very familiar beg.

'Waffles and Coffee?' I ask excitedly.

'You know it!'

We go to the sitting room, I turn on Netflix and choose a random episode of Friends, as he goes to the kitchen to get forks and knives.

'Hold on! Wait a minute! You only get me waffles if I ask or if you want something from me. And I didn't ask for waffles. What do you want?'

'Can we eat first and then discuss my motives later?'

'Why? What does it differ?'

'I want you to enjoy them?'

'Yeah okay.'

We eat and laugh along with the series on the TV. Three episodes later, I noticed something.

'Hey! We got distracted you still haven't told me what you want from me.'

'I was hoping to postpone this discussion as far as possible today because I'm afraid of your reaction. But I guess it has to be done.'

'What's up?'

'You need to go back to London.'

'What?' I half shout.

'You've been here a month. You have a job to finish and you need to be in London for it. We both know that.'

'I still have 2 weeks!'

'Yeah for the first deadline! And you're not done! And you need Niall to finish it. I get that it's difficult to see him. Hell, I don't even want you to see him. But this book deal is very important if you want to make your dream come true. What have you been doing the last 5 years? You moved to London to be a writer. You wasted 5 years of your life, half trying. Now you got this chance you can't mess it up! It's too important. Once you finish this book, you'll get new deals and you'll be able to write about whatever you want and get them published. I'm sorry but sometimes you need to numb the heart to make way for other things. It's tough I know. But it needs to be done.'

'I just can't see him. I can't even see his face online. Seeing him makes me want to cry and I'm done crying. I'll send an email asking for the missing information and this will have to do.'

'Two days ago you explained why that is not good enough. You're a talented writer. Don't let that be in vain.' 

'Fine! One more week! I'll go back next weekend.'