4.2 - Island -Green

Niall's POV

What did she mean by "Settle with being just friends"? Does she love me like I love her? Does she know that I have feelings for her? Is she struggling with hers? How can I know without coming on too strong? What if she doesn't want me to know? This is so frustrating. I don't know what to do. I really want to see where this goes, but also I don't wanna end up hurting her. I know she's strong, but I don't want to be the reason she breaks. I feel like with me that's inevitable. I don't know what to do or how to behave.

I finish getting ready and then knock on her door.

'Good morning! Ready?' I ask her.

'Good morning! Yeah, just let me grab my purse and phone.'

After breakfast, we rent a car and start driving.

'Wait, we're... out of the city? Where are we going?'

'Well, there's not much to do in the city, and the event is not until Monday, so I thought we'd take a little trip. There's this place that I always wanted to visit, it's kind of a touristy spot? But from what I've seen it's beautiful. I just never found the time. But now, you're here so I thought why not.'

'Aww! What's it called?'

'Why? Are you gonna Google it?'

'Yes. I'd like to know where I'm going!'

'Fine, we're going hiking on the cliffs of Moher.'

Chloe's POV

It takes us about an hour drive to get near there, but time flies when we're making our own version of carpool karaoke.

'You're gonna be cold like that by the way.'

'Is that why you brought two jackets?'

'Yeah.' He says throwing me the grey hooded jacket.

We start the hiking in silence, not really wanting to get out of breath that fast. Until Niall spoke up.

'So, it's still a long way to the top. What do you want to talk about? Maybe get some work done?'

'Actually, I was thinking you'd tell me more about your golfing side, the company and everything.'

'Alright. Well, as you know already, I'm obsessed with it. I started playing with I was 12 or 13 with my mates joined our local golf club. But I didn't take it up properly until later. When things started to go crazy with the band and I just needed to get away from it all, I'd go to a golf course. It helped me cope with it. I had my own peaceful place. And that's where I really got attached to it. It just became a part of who I am.'

'But it started out as a hobby, now it's part of your job. What made you want to get involved more?'

'Well I started making friends there, like Rose and Rory, and they both helped me get better at it. And then there was that event we did, Horan & Rose to raise money for charity, and then I went to the Masters and caddied for Rory. And I just kept coming back there and the Augusta Nationals and the Ryder's Cup, you know all kinds of important events. It's just an amazing experience being out there, in the middle of all those amazing professionals. And then It started getting more serious, I started supporting the teams, do media stuff.'

'And then you decided to do your own managing company?'

'Yeah, I had an idea with my management, I just felt like I needed to do more, I wanted to do more. I've spent my whole life admiring great golfers like Tiger Woods and he did a lot to change the game and grow it, so I thought what if I can do the same. So I talked to the management about starting to new sports-related end to the management company, and since we're all into golf it just fit. We got people from the world of golf, like Mark and we started looking for new talents. My objective at the beginning was to help in developing the next generation's golfing talent. So our main work is finding the best talent and the people with the right mindset and the hard work. And then we give them all the help they need to get better and help take care of things like sponsorship and everything else so that they don't have to.'