3.4 - Inhibition - Good Morning

Chloe's POV

It's so weird waking up in a bed different than mine. It's even weirder that I'm still at Niall's. But I don't want to be a bother any more than I've already been. So I quickly get out of the bed, put my jeans back on, under the T-shirt that Niall lent me, gather my stuff and then make my way to the front door.

'Sneaking out without saying goodbye?' Niall calls out from the kitchen.

I drop my purse and go back to the Kitchen.

'Thought you're still asleep.'

'That's not an excuse! You wait till I wake up, we have breakfast together, and then if you want to leave, you leave. It's common courtesy.'

'Sorry, I just thought I'm already overstepping enough.'

'Clo, I told you yesterday, if I don't want you here, I wouldn't have offered for you to stay.'

'Alright. What's for breakfast then?'

'I made pancakes.'

I look at him surprised. I don't even know why. I mean, he roasted a whole chicken perfectly a week ago.

'Hey! Don't look so surprised! It's not that unexpected!'

'Okay.' I chuckle.

'What do you want on it?'

'Is there any chocolate?'

'Sure.' 

We eat in silence for a while.

'So did you sleep well?' He asks me and I just nod.

A few more seconds pass silently.

'Any plans for the weekend?'

'Just with the girls.'

'Not too chatty this morning, huh?' He chuckles nervously.

'I guess it's one of those mornings.'

 'Then I guess we'll have to change that.'

He grabs his phone and soon enough, Slow Hands started playing on the speaker, and he even does the little routine he does on stage whenever it starts, the three steps and the thrust. And without a doubt, it makes me laugh and smile, and yes maybe even blush a little.

'There it is! Seriously, Clo, you have a beautiful smile, you should let it show more.'

'If I had a penny for ever time this has been said to me!'

'Yeah...'

'Yeah, I'd have about 10.'

He laughs loudly at that. It's simple moments like these that remind me how lucky I am. Just to be able to hear his laugh, and cause it. It's just... I can't even describe how happy I am right now.

'Really though, it's true.'

'Thank you. By the way! I still can't believe you still have that!' I gush pointing and the Monday T-Shirt I'm wearing. 

'Why?'

'Because it's old! I don't have any clothes that are more than 3 years old!'

'Well, I'm not just gonna throw it out just because I don't wear it anymore. Besides, a lot happened in that shirt and I'm attached to it. But it looks good on you.'

'So I can keep it?' I ask excitedly.

'No! Well... maybe?  I don't know. Okay, fine! You can keep it for a week and then you'll give it back when we go on our trip to Ireland next Friday.'