6.4 - Intermission - Sunshine

Niall's POV

I wake up on a Saturday morning, well noon, and we still have 3 days here, so I want to make the most of it. I walk to the other end of the hall where the guest room in which she's sleeping is. I knocked on the door but she didn't answer. She's probably still sleeping. I slowly open the door and walk towards the bed, carefully pull the sheets away just far enough so that I could see her face. I kneel so that I would be at her level, then I put my hand on the exposed cheek, stroke lightly with my thumb and whisper, 'Clo! Wake up!'

She smiles slowly and then I black out for a second feeling something hitting me in the face.

'Did you just hit me with a pillow?' I chuckle.

'Why are you waking me up at...' She mumbles in a groan, 'Half past noon...' She continues looking at the time on her phone with only one eye opened. 'Sorry...'

 I smile at her as she's turning to her side to face me.

'Good morning!'

'Good morning babe.' She says then quickly opening her eyes wide and grabbing the sheets to cover her now reddish face.

I pull the sheets away again laughing.

'Sorry, my brain is still asleep.'

I hold both of her arms and gently pull her up, 'Cmon! We're going hiking! So get up, get dressed so we can go.'

'Why! It's noon! It's hot! It's too much effort!'

'I know you want to do it! You've mentioned it like twice in your books. Both times were set here in LA. So now that we're here, and I'm free. Let's do this!'

'Fine! But on the way back-'

'Can we eat pizza for lunch and then get lots of ice cream and then sit at home watching Netflix and not doing much else? Of course, we can!'

'How did you-'

'Know that's what you're gonna say? I know you more than you think. I pay attention to the little things. "Babe".'

'Wow, really? You're gonna mock me for that?'

'Little bit yeah!' I tease, 'But all jokes aside, it was cute. You're adorable when you're half asleep. I could get used to this.'

She wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me towards her as I sit down on the bed. She lays back down on the bed, pulling me with her as our lips intertwine. The kiss deepens, becomes hungrier and more urgent. My heart is beating faster than ever before. And before I know it, she flips us over, straddles me as she holds herself up with both hands on my chest.

'So hiking?' She asks with a smirk on her face before she stands up and locks herself in her bathroom I guess to get ready.

I get ready wearing shorts and a tank top, then wait for her near the front door. Within 10 minutes, she's ready and we make our way to Laurel Canyon.

'Can I ask you a question?' She says while we're walking hand in hand.

'Of course!'

'When you were like really really young, you used to say that you're waiting for your princess. Do you still think that way? Or has growing-up made you more sceptical and you stopped believing in all of that.'

'Hmm, well. I guess I did lose sight of that. I just stopped thinking or caring about love and avoided it. Even before I dated Maya, I used to say all the time that I'm not interested in dating or any of that stuff. But then something happens, someone enters your life and it makes you question everything you believe in. I thought I might have that with her. But I didn't. And now I know I have it with you.'