Chapter Eight: Isolation - Getaway

Chloe's POV

I get back to the flat, straight to my bedroom, slamming every door that comes my way. Izz who happened to be there at the time worryingly follows me and just stand there watching as I grab an empty suitcase and throw random clothes in it.

'What happened?' She hesitates.

'Same old...'

'But I thought it would be different this time.'

'Yeah so did I.' I answer coldly.

'Where are you going?'

'Home.'

'But you are home!'

'No, Izz. I'm sorry I love you. But I can't do London anymore. This city has fucked me in more ways I can count. I just... I need a break.' I croak trying to hold back the tears but failing

I fall down on my bed and Izz is quick to catch me and let me cry my eyes out while holding me tightly.

'It's okay. It's gonna be okay. I'm sorry this happened. Clo it's gonna be okay.'

Slowly I start calming down. I'm still upset but I'm done crying for now.

'Do you want me to come with you?'

'To Paris? No, it's okay you have things to do here. And I wanna be alone for a while. Besides you have things to do here.'

'How long are you gonna stay there?'

'I don't know Izz. Till I'm okay again.'

She takes the clothes that I randomly threw in the suitcase and start folding them before putting back in there.

'Stay at least till tomorrow morning. We can do one last night with the girls. We don't have to go out. We'll just put some music on and get drunk and sing our lungs out.'

'Yeah okay. But no Niall songs!'

'Whatever you need.'

We finish packing while waiting for Cat and Lil to get here. We order our usual pizzas. Once the girls arrive, only one question is on their mind.

'What happened?' Lil frantically asks.

'Yeah, I don't think she wants to talk about it. All she said is same old.'

'I knew this was a bad idea!' Cat throws.

'Not the time!' Izz glares at her.

'But last time he did that you guys kissed for the first time. What happened now that triggered him?'

I look away from them, hiding my blush. Even if I hate him right now, even if I'm broken right now, it's still a happy memory. And I was genuinely happy. Nothing is going to ruin that.

'Oh My God!' Izz and Cat shout.

Lil takes a little longer to catch on, 'what? What happened?'

'You two slept together?' Izz asks me.

'Oh My God!' Lil shouts.

I silently nod confirming their thoughts.

'Wait, are you telling us that he dumped you right after you two had sex?' Cat furiously yell.

'Well... not... I mean..'