Chapter 2 - What's Happening To Sparrow?

Sapphira paced around, nervously. The whole place smelled like humans. She hated it. She walked out of the sanctuary and walked towards the woods and sat, hidden, under a huge pine tree. She sighed. She jumped as she heard a stick snap. "Sapphira? Where'd you go?" Kapu called. She said nothing. She didn't want her mate to know where she was. "Sapphira? Please come out!" he continued to call. She suddenly felt a wave of sadness come over her and she started to cry. She buried her face in her hands and continued to cry. She couldn't think straight, and wanted to get her family and leave, but she hardened herself against that thought. She was the alpha and her pack needed her.

She stayed under the tree for a while, when Kapu finds her, after a long time of searching around. "Sapphira! There you are! Have you been here the whole time? What's wrong?" he said, hugging her tightly. "Kapu, slow down! I'm ok, I just needed some space I guess..." she said quietly, hugging him. "Please don't do that again, Sapphira. I was so worried!" Kapu said, still hugging her. She laughed softly and kissed him. He kissed her back. "Will you come back with me now?" he asked sweetly. She sighed. "Fine... but only because I love you," she said laughing. "Aw! I love you too, Sapphira," he said hugging her.

When they got back she tensed up, looking around. She did not want to be here at all but her family was here and the sanctuary was protecting her children, which was all that was important to her at that point. Then Sparrow woke up, holding her stomach and groaning loudly. Sapphira quickly ran over to her and knelt down beside her. "Sparrow what's wrong?" she asked. "M-my stomach... it hurts so bad, Sapphira," she said weakly, breathing a bit heavily. Sapphira nodded and looked down, feeling something warm on her knees. Blood. She gasped. "Sparrow... I think you may be having a miscarriage!" she said, frantically.