Chapter 22 - Osiris

"SAPHIRE NO! NO!" Sapphira screamed, watching her sister fall limp on the ground. She held Aatto close to her, sobbing. She looked up in time to see Cade disappearing, but not before he said he said, "Well I will see you all in hell." She began to cry harder and felt Kapu putting his arm on her shoulder. Aatto suddenly woke up and started crying a little. "Sh... it's alright Aatto... I'm here for you. I won't let him take you or hurt you... I promise," she said, hugging him and rocking him until he quieted down. She felt as though she just punched in the stomach. She knew she had to tell Kapu about her being pregnant, but knew that now was not the time. She looked at her dead sister's body and, after giving Aatto to Kapu, went over and held her sister, sobbing. She didn't move from that spot for 5 hours. She didn't want to live anymore. She wanted to end it all just so she could be with her sister again. She even started to consider it, but then she thought of Aatto and pushed the other thoughts out of her head. He needed her now more than ever. And she was starting to think that she may need him more than he needs her.

After a day went by, she finally called over Xavier and James to move her sister's body. She wanted to have a special funeral for her. To honor her. After calling everyone together, they began. She looked over everyone and told about her sister the best she could without crying. "She was my best friend and I still can't picture my life without her here... she's the most amazing person I knew and I promise to her that I will raise her beautiful baby boy, Aatto and protect him with all I have," she concluded as they put her sister into the ground. She began crying again. She looked at Aatto, who was awake now, and smiled when he giggled at her happily. She would not let anyone or anything hurt him.

4 months later

About 4 months after the death of her sister, it was time that Sapphira had her baby. She had a baby boy and named him Osiris. She didn't care that Cade was the biological father, he was not and would never be Osiris's father. She loved her new son so much and was so happy that Aatto would have a best friend to grow up with, other than his other siblings and cousins. Aatto seemed to think that Sapphira and Kapu were his parents, being that he called them "mommy" and "daddy". He loved Osiris like a brother. "Mama! Is that my brother??" he asked her when he finally met him. "Yes it is, Aatto!" she laughed softly. He had the biggest smile on his little face. "I love him so much... we're going to be best friends, Osiris!" he giggled at the baby. Kapu held his son and smiled. He knew that his future held something very special. And he couldn't wait to see it.