Chapter 6 - New Territory

Sapphira wakes up a few hours later. It was still dark outside. She checked her phone and saw that it was 3:00 in the morning. She also saw that Kapu had been spamming her phone for about an hour. She sighed, a bit frustrated. Then she thought of Saphire. "I need to talk to her..." she thought, to herself. "She won't want to talk to me though..." she thought, with realization. "I don't care. I need to talk to her," she added, getting her phone again.

"Hey... can we talk? I really need you right now"

"Um... sure. Why? Are you ok?"

"Uh.... not really but I just really need to talk to you"

"Alright. Where do you want to meet me?"

"Um... in the forest behind the sanctuary"

"Ok. i'll be there in a bit"

"Ok"

She felt relieved that her sister agreed to talk to her. She carefully climbed down and brushed off the pine needles. She looked over at the sanctuary and growled softly in disgust. She wouldn't go back there without a fight.

She waited near the front of the forest, far enough away that she could see everything in the sanctuary but no one in there could see her. But she could also hear someone crying softly. Then she saw Kapu in the corner crying, his face in his hands. She felt a twinge of sadness, but brushed it off. Then she saw Saphire. Without Adam, to Sapphira's relief. She ran to her and hugged her tightly. "I am so sorry, Saphire! I didn't mean anything I said," she said. Saphire hugged her back. "Don't worry it's ok! I'm not mad anymore!" Saphire replied. "I don't want to be here, Saphire. We have to go look for territory today. Otherwise I'm pretty sure I'm going to go insane," Sapphira said. Saphire laughed softly. "Alright let's go then," she said. Sapphira smiled at her sister. Everything was finally turning around for them.

They walked through the woods for a while, talking the whole time. They came to a clearing in the trees and looked at each other, smiling. It was beautiful. And it was exactly what they needed. It was big enough for both packs to thrive, and it was also far enough in the forest to be hidden by the trees. This was it. "It's perfect!" Sapphira said happily. "Yes it is! Hey so um... i found this wolf that i think we should invite into the pack," Saphire said. "Really? Who is it?" Sapphira asked. "Adam."