Chapter 14 - Is She Ok?

Sapphira ran as fast as she could back home into their territory with the clue in her hand. She ran so fast she almost hit a tree on the way and needed to slow down and catch her breath. She sat down, breathing extremely hard. She was close enough that Kapu saw her and rushed over to her. "Sapphira what happened?! Did they hurt her?!" he asked, freaking out after seeing a small bruise on her head and neck from when she hit the ground. "I'm f-fine! I-i just need to c-catch my breath!" she said, still breathing heavily. He picked her up and carried her to Daniel again so that he could help with her injuries. As soon as Kapu set her down, he noticed that there was blood on him and on her. Daniel found a 4 inch cut across her ribs and quickly stopped the bleeding and stitch her up. He gave her some pain killers too. "Kapu could you look at this clue I found when I was there? It's about a key that I need!" she said, giving Kapu the piece of paper. "Sure!" he said, taking it and looking at it carefully. "Um... maybe the attic? Or the basement?" he suggested. "The attic! Why didn't I think of that?" she said getting up and walking out.

This time Kapu was coming with her. He wouldn't let her run, since she had just had stitches put in. "Kapu, come on! We're wasting time! I'll be fine!" she protested. "You're not running there, Sapphira! Let me shift and you can ride on my back ok?" he said to her seriously. She stared at him reluctantly. "Ugh fine!" she sighed loudly. He winked at her and shifted. She got on his back and they were off to Adam's house. As they were running, Sapphira saw something in the snow. "Wait! Kapu slow down... I'm going to see what that is..." she said, climbing off. She slowly walked to the thing on the ground. Before she even got to it she got it's scent. Saphire! She ran to her. "Saphire! What happened?! Kapu!! We have to get her to Daniel RIGHT NOW!" she yelled at Kapu, who was about 10 feet away. He quickly ran to them and Sapphira carried Saphire as they ran back.

Saphire woke up about 3 or 4 hours later. She was malnourished and bruised, but she was alive. That's what mattered to Sapphira. "Saphire?" Sapphira asked softly, walking over to her. "W-what happened? Where am I?!" Saphira asked worriedly, sitting up a little bit. Sapphira smiled and gently pushed her down again. "You're home, Saphire! You'll be alright, but you're malnourished... and you had another seizure..." she said slowly. Saphire stared at her sister. "I had another seizure?" she asked, still in shock. "Yes, but don't worry! You're going to be just fine! We just need to get some food in you! And your kids are just fine, so don't even worry about that," Sapphira said, smiling at Saphire. A tear rolled down Saphire's face and she hugged Sapphira tightly, crying harder. "Thank you so much Sapphira! I love you so much!" she said, continuing to vry. "Sh sh it's ok, Saphire! I love you too," she said, starting to cry herself. Kapu came in and gave Saphire some flowers he got for her and gave her a hug. "Thank you, Kapu," she said smiling. "No problem, Saphire," he smiled. Daniel came in and smiled at all of them. "Saphire you're ok now, so you can leave now if you want," he said. She nodded and slowly got up. She gave Daniel a hug. "Thank you for everything, Daniel," she said, smiling, a tear running down her cheek. ""No problem, Saphire. I'm just glad you're ok," he said, smiling at her sweetly.