Chapter 15 - Insane

A day had passed and Saphire could not stop thinking about what Adam said. About the devil wanting her. She was confused by it, but refused to mention anything to her sister. She walked around the territory shivering. She had on a light weight jacket and short sleeve shirt with jeans. She liked the cold, but she still shivered...not from the cold though. She was just shivering off and on. She hadn't told Daniel about it and in all honesty she was trying to avoid him at all costs. She could tell that he likes her and she was not ready to try at men again....she didn't even trust Kapu. But she wouldn't let that be shown. She sat down in the snow, her white hair blowing in the wind, making it look like snow. She laughs, laying down in the snow, letting the cold soak through her to her home. She shivers and shifts into her wolf. She lays down again, closing her eyes, trying to get some sleep, when she heard foot steps. She growls, staying low, ready to attack as she opened her eyes, she saw humans. She growls in annoyance. "Really?!" she shouts in her head. She knew theses were not normal human. In fact they were not humans at all. They were vampires. She gets up slowly, thankful that her fur blended in with the snow banks. She lunges at one of the vampires, pinning him to the ground. She quickly shifts back. "Who are you?!" she shouts, punching the man under her, who laughs, nodding to his friends, who attempted to grab her arms, but she grabbed them both, shoving them into a tree. She grabs the vampire's neck, pulling him up. "Answer my damn question. WHO ARE YOU?!" she shouts, using her alpha tone, which the whole pack heard and soon everyone, including Sapphira, was there watching. "I'm Adams brother, Ted, and I'm here to tell you that he will come for you," Ted says, making Saphire laugh. "I killed your brother. I ripped his head off like it was a wrapper on a candy. And if you don't leave this territory, I will make your death ten times the pain he felt!" Saphire growls. "I'm not talking about Adam," Ted says, making Saphire stumble. She regains her posture, growling "Well you can tell him if he comes near me or my family, I will kill him just like I did Adam. He might be 10 times the man, but I am in control!" Saphire yells, throwing Ted sideways."Now. Get. Out. Of. Our. Territory!" Saphire yells, making Ted and his friends bolt running. She sighs, dropping to the ground. "Saphire what was that?" Sapphira asks. "Sapphira. I..I can't right now," Saphire says, walking off, grabbing Daniel on her way. She drags him to the infirmary, locking the door. "Get rid of the baby," Saphire says, frowning. "Saphire, are you crazy? What just happened?" Daniel asks. "Daniel, I thought we were the only supernatural creature ever. I thought we were the strongest. I thought we were invincible," Saphire whispers. "Saphire, what are you talking about?" Daniel asks. "There are vampires. Hybrids....the devil" Saphire whispers, holding her head. "Saphire none of this makes any sense. Are you okay?" Daniel asks, as he slowly grabs a tranquilizer. Saphire didn't notice him grab it and keeps on talking "I'm not crazy Daniel. I'm not. I want this child gone. I don't want Adams kids. I don't want my sister to know that the devil or whatever might be after me. I don't want to endanger my pack or hers" Saphire says, falling to the ground, crying. "Saphire, I'm going to help you," Daniel whispers, crouching down beside her, touching her arm. She pulls back sharply. "DON'T TOUCH ME!" She shouts. "Saphire, please don't make me sedate you," Daniel says, worried for her. He didn't know what was going on with her, but he knew she would need medical help. And he would give it to her. "I DON'T NEED TO BE SEDATED!" Saphire yells, standing, going towards the door, beginning to unlock it, when Daniel jabs the needle in her neck. She gasps, turning around. She shoves him back with all her might, making him crash into the table with medical equipment. She tries to open the door, but collapses to the ground, asleep. Daniel gets up, sighing. He picks her up, laying her on a bed and strapping her to it. He needed to get to Sapphira before they lost Saphire to insanity.