chapitre trois

A week has passed since the incident with Felix and Chan. Nothing has pretty much has changed, except Chan and Felix has been following me around more often. 

"I know you're following me. Come out" I stopped walking towards my castle. Initially, I didn't mind them following me around like that. But in some cases, I wanted to be alone. Being alone itself in a kingdom the opposite nature of you is hard enough, but being followed by two dragon heirs is another brick on top. The Fire nation has already been asking me about the marriage, it's not easy to choose out of the nine.  The bush rattled, revealing a tired looking blonde. 

"Don't you ever get tired of following me around? I literally ever go to the king and queens chambers. You already know my secret so why do you still follow me around?" 

"Well Princess, I'm going to say this the bluntest way possible. I don't trust you at all. For all, I know you're from the fire nation. A hybrid. You know hybrids from the demon realm can imitate other royals?" Felix's eyes scanned me. I walked closer until my face was inches away from his. 

"You got me. I am a demon hybrid" I whispered in his ear. His eyes widened. I took a step back giving him a smirk. 

"See you around pretty boy" I walked away.

Felix POV 

I stormed off the other way the princess was going. Why does she have to be so sarcastic? Ugh, it's annoying me. I teleported into Chan's palace almost startling him. 

"Well hello to you too" he walked out of his room shirtless. "I see that someone isn't having a good morning" I scoffed. 

"When have I ever had a good morning" Chan chuckled putting on his shirt. 

"You need to leave the princess alone and get some rest. I trust Father. He knows what he's doing with the fire nation's daughter." he has a point but what is she doing here in the first place? Chan glanced at me, reading my emotion of curiosity. 

"You really don't know?" Chan covered his mouth in surprise. I shook my head giving him an answer.  "C' mon mate, you're smart. Think about it. Fire nation daughter, crown princess,  staying here for a while" then it clicked. 

"No way, she's going to marry one of us?!?!?" I stood up.

"I thought it was obvious but from Hyunjin's observations of her daily star gazing, she feels confused and overwhelmed." he put a hand on my shoulder. "Give her a chance, she's not what you think she is" maybe she isn't. but I sense danger coming.

--

It's been three weeks and Jisung hasn't come home yet. It really bugged me, my guts says that something is wrong but Chan argued otherwise. In the meantime, Aiko and the rest of the members have gotten closer. It was something that had to be done, she couldn't avoid them forever. Soon the entrance of the castle became chaotic catching the king's attention. He himself went down to see with the rest following.

"Goodness! What happened to him?!" Father yelled.  At the sight of the younger squirrel looking body lying lifeless on the carriage. It was as if something had him for lunch and vomited him out. There were cuts and bruises on his arms. Our eyes widened. Each and everyone knows that Jisung isn't one to lose a battle, he would always be the winner. I felt a strong push to the right of my waist. Aiko's face showed concern as she quickly swam through the crowd. 

--

Aiko POV

I push through the crowd around the horse with a carriage. My eyes soon filled with tears seeing my best friend in that state. The fire in me ignited it burned brightly as my anger grew. My body glowed a red colour. I felt the scales around my eyes appear, this time it's turning white. I breathed heavily seeing the Jisung lying lifeless on the carriage. His body was covered in blood. The green slime on his clothes and he had bites all over his arms and legs.