vingt cinq

Aiko fluttered her eyes open, regretting coming back to reality.
"I'm glad I came to you, your grace" She bowed, peeling her palm off the floating body of the queen. The Queen of Pixies herself is more beautiful than any woman on the realm. Her personality was elegant like how she presented herself. Always in an off shoulder dress, simple yet elegant. She herself had the eyes of the future, better than any immortal born with the blessing. She could see up to three lifetimes of an immortal, predicting everything that could happen.
"It's my duty, my child. Remember, I may not be able to alter anything but maybe you can" she smiled, giving Aiko hope. It was only the seventh day after she had arrived in the water kingdom, knowing Aiko, she never wants to make a mistake, she wants everything to turn out well. She walked out of the queen of the pixies palace. The good thing about the Water realm is that almost everyone that likes the cold lives there. She entered the main palace, climbing the staircase to the very top of the castle.
"Now that I know what happens, how do I know which to change?" She whispered to herself.
-flashback-
"You're not the only one who came to me" she smirked.
"Who did?" Aiko tilted her head.
"He's outside" she smiled. She quickly exited the palace and there he stood; posture straight, hair was blonde but could be mistaken by like a silver colour. His skin was fair and his eyes as blue as the ocean. Their eyes met, widening and realising that both knew the futur-
"You know if you're going to change something for the future then you're wasting time" a deep voice met her ears, breaking the small playback of events that happened moments ago. She turned her head without turning her body, meeting the eyes of the one and only, Lee Felix. Aiko didn't say a word, she didn't know what to say after knowing that he's the one she'll fall in love with. She praised herself for choosing him, she didn't just find him good looking but benefits it had of marrying him. She stepped aside, almost passing him to leave the small room. Her arm was pulled and soon she found herself against the wall. Felix places one hand by her head and gazed into her eyes.
"If you like me just say it, Princess" he smirked, staring into Aiko's soul.
"You're as cocky as ever. What about you, lover boy? If you like me just say it, Lixie" Felix widened his eyes at her confidence. He smirked, placing his free hand on her chin, slightly lifting it.
"How about I show you instead?" Before Aiko could give her answer, Felix slammed his lips onto hers, moving in sync. Aiko smiled into it giving into her hidden feelings, wrapping her arms around his neck. Felix smirked at his victory, he gripped her hips soon breaking the kiss and connecting their foreheads.
"I knew you were a good kisser, but I didn't know you were THAT good" he teased and chuckled more seeing her hide an embarrassed expression. "C'mon love, don't be embarrassed. I enjoyed it as much as you did" he engulfed her in a hug.
"I'll let my father know about my choice, but before that, I have a few things to fix" Felix nodded, the two left the small room hand in hand.

Aiko stood in her palace in the dark, figuring out how to trigger her ice powers. She's been standing there for hours trying to make water into ice. How could a Fire girl possibly make ice with her bare hands that only ever created fire? Her body temperature itself was already hotter than the sun. She fell to her knees, giving up. Footsteps were heard behind her, she turned, placing a knife against their neck.
"Move one inch and this knife goes across your neck" Aiko whispered at the stranger's ears.
"Relax Aiko" a sweet gentle voice sang out. The girl stepped back, soon recognising who it was.
"Sorry Hyunjin, I was just really ou-"
"Don't worry about it, after seeing the future I wouldn't know what to do either" he patted the girl on her head. Confused, Aiko tilted her head. "your emotions are telling me that you're overwhelmed. I'm assuming that you went to the Queen of Pixies." His smile slowly faded, feeling the change in the girl's emotions. From overwhelmed to fear, Aiko's face told Hyunjin otherwise.

"Knowing her, she probably would have," another voice said from behind. Immediately, the girl engulfed the shorter male into a tight hug. "Yup she went to her" Jisung managed to whisper from Aiko's tight hug that almost suffocated him. Tears were visible from her eyes, worrying the two. "Hey, hey, hey" he wiped the tear that had escaped. Aiko sniffled, releasing a waterfall of tears. Snow began to fall from the sky, confusing Jisung and Hyunjin. They looked over Aiko who had run out of Jisung's grasp, crouching over her knees from the pain. Their eyes widened, her hair began fading to a titanium silver colour, her dress faded to a large poofy white gown. Her arms were hugged by white jewel sequences that had an underlayer of a pale skin coloured mesh that is the same skin colour as Aiko's fair skin. Her torso was hugged tightly by the silky fabric, from waist below, the dress curved out that had layers of fabric that made it poofy. She turned around, eyes fully light blue. The two gasped in amazement by her sudden transformation and her beauty.

"Not a word from the both of you. Understand?" Aiko pointed at the two who nervously nodded at her command. She held out a hand towards the small puddle of water. Soon the liquid became solid as metal and with a snap of a finger, the puddle had cracked into smaller sizes that were carried by the wind. Jisung put the two and two together, realising that he triggered the ice power that she knew of from the future. He patted her shoulder and took a breath.

"you can change the future, but you can't change who you fall for, Aiko." he gave her a look of sadness. Aiko already knew of his feelings for her and he probably has figured it out that she knew from the look of sympathy that she had given him.

"I'm sorry, Sungie" she whispered loud enough for Jisung to hear. He gave her a weak smile, he connected their hands together,his soft lips met the ends of her knuckles.

"It's alright, I'm going to be wed to someone soon. I'm afraid we'd have to part ways here, I'm sorry I won't be able to protect you anymore" he caressed her hand, not making eye contact. The squirrel knew that once he looks up onto her eyes he would just break down right there and then. "You're going to make a very fine Queen I believe that you will. With or without a King, You will do just fine" his voice cracked. "Just so you know, you're the only person who I loved and I always will Ai. Promise me that you'll take care of yourself okay? it's okay to make mistakes." He finally met her eyes. "You'll always be the only girl in my heart. No matter what, until the day I die" he smiled, Aiko ran into his arms without hesitation.

"Thank you for always protecting me. I'm sorry that I can't return your feelings for you."

"It's alright, I figured it out a long time ago. When I saw you looking at Felix from afar. You looked at him like how I looked at you. I'm happy that you finally found someone, I was worried that you wouldn't love anyone but hey, I got my wish" he tightened the hug. "Maybe we will see each other again soon. Don't forget me to invite me to your coronation yeah?" he broke the hug, looking into Aiko's tear-stained face.

"Chin up, Princess. Otherwise, the crown falls." he gently lifted her chin up and soon placing a kiss on her forehead. "I'll see you.............soon" he let go of the girl and soon walking into the darkness followed by Hyunjin.

--

AN:

sorry for a sad chapter today :( but do send some questions for character Q&A with Aiko, Felix, Jisung, Chan and the rest of the brothers! just a heads up that this book will end soon <3 also side note I'm back from my trip from the snow <3

-Rae