Chapter 2. Think before you act

( 🚨 Long chapter ahead 🚨)

∆~×~∆

"Breaking news!" Surbhi came running towards me, and I stopped her in time before she crashed into me.

"What got you so excited in the morning?" I asked.

"Breaking news!"

"Urgh... You said that already. Now stop acting like a broken record, and tell me what you are talking about."

"Aryan is coming to India this weekend!" she started jumping up and down and hugged me.

I patted her back and started laughing at her.

"You are totally whipped."

"Who's coming?" I heard a male voice. I turned around to see Parth looking at Surbhi amusingly.

"Good morning, Parth."

"Good morning, Sandhya." He smiled.

"Meet my lunatic friend Surbhi. Surbhi, Parth."

I introduced them to each other and Surbhi instantly began rambling about herself, her boyfriend Aryan who was coming to India after 6 months, how she met him etc.

Surbhi was so easygoing, she never had trouble making friends.

After telling him her whole life story, she began bombarding him with questions as we made our way toward the class. By now, he looked totally exhausted.

He pleaded me with his eyes to rescue him but I just shrugged. I was totally enjoying this.

"You are a sadist," he complained and I chuckled.

"Now you understand what I have to go through everyday."

"Hey! I am right here," Surbhi said and I began laughing loudly.

Parth shook his head and sighed in relief as he took his seat in the back row, while we sat in our seats in the front row.

"I think I just lost a friend," I sighed.

"What?!"

I motioned towards Parth and Surbhi glared at me.

"Did I annoy him too much?" She pursed her lips.

"What's new in that?" I replied.

She slapped my shoulder and waved at Parth. He ignored her. Déjà vu. I laughed at her.

She ignored my teasing and began telling me that she was planning to surprise Aryan and how they would go on dates. She was hoping that Aryan would propose to her and if he didn't, she would take the matters in her own hands.

I really admired her. Whereas, I was afraid to even think of boy and friend without 'and'. Arranged marriage, it was for me. I just hoped my parents would find a nice guy.

×~×

"Stop! Where do you think you are going?"

"Hey! You are disturbing my lecture. Get out this instant."

"Where is he? Come out before I find you."

"Calm down, Mayank. Let's deal with this later."

I looked up from my notes to see many people crowded in front of the lecturer's desk. Most of them were students while two of them looked like teachers. They were arguing about something.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"I don't know," Surbhi replied.

"But finally some drama," she said excitedly. It was just the second day.