Chapter 111. Partner in crime

Two days later

"Am I looking okay?"

"You are looking gorgeous, Princess. Now stop worrying; Ved will be here any minute," Dad said and handed me my clutch.

Mom admired my appearance and told me to behave myself. I nodded and exited the house when I heard Ved's car arrive outside. My parents followed behind, and Dad hugged Ved when he reached our doorstep.

"Please take care of her," he said.

"And you take care of Ved," Mom told me.

Ved took my hand after hugging Mom and Dad and assured them that he will look after me. We were going on our first date, but everyone was reacting like I was getting married. I nudged Ved as we headed towards his car.

 I nudged Ved as we headed towards his car

(Sandhya's outfit👆)

(Ved's outfit👆)

"Looking hot," I said.

"I know." He smirked.

"Aren't you going to compliment me?"

He opened the car's door for me and strapped me up. He stared at me for a minute, and then banged his head on mine.

"You are the most beautiful girl for me, so why that question?"

I glared at him, but he pinched my nose and kissed me. He got in the driver's seat and waved at my parents before zooming off towards our destination. He had chosen the venue, but he didn't know that I had a surprise waiting for him.

My friends had helped me in setting up some stuff with the cafe employees' assistance, and I promised them a treat in return. Even though Ved didn't compliment me, I was really excited for his reaction. While I was daydreaming, Ved announced our arrival and took off my seatbelt.

"Are you that happy for our date?" he teased.

"You don't have any idea." I grinned.

He shot me a curious look but waved it off as my way of annoying him on purpose. He clasped our hands and kissed the entwined fingers. I felt my inner voice doing cartwheels, and I told it to hold it till the main moment.