Chapter 109. Lucky

Ring! Ring! Ring!

I cut the call and grabbed my socks. I cursed when my phone rang again; Sahil was calling me from another number. I had picked it up the first time, but after hearing his voice, I ignored the rest of his calls. Before blocking that number, I messaged him to stop bothering me.

Fifteen minutes later, I was on my scooter, heading towards the hospital. On the third signal from my home, Nikhil joined me, and we reached our destination. We parked our vehicles and met with our friends who were grouped together outside the ICU. Ayush was sitting with Veer, while my girl gang was keeping Krittika Aunty busy.

"How are you?" I asked her.

She smiled at me and motioned for me to take a seat. I joined my group, but my phone buzzed again. It was an unknown number, so I ignored it. Few moments later, I received a text requesting me to pick up the call. Just as I completed reading the message, I got a call, and my intuition told me to pick it up.

I excused myself and took the call.

"Hello?"

"Sandhya, I am Namrata speaking; Sahil's sister."

"Hi, Didi. Sorry if I sound rude, but I don't want to talk to your brother."

"I know, but could you please meet me once? Sahil told us everything after you left the party, and Dad beat him up pretty good. He is crying for the last two days and hasn't eaten anything. He looks suicidal, Sandhya. Can you please spare some time for me?"

Suicidal? What if he was pulling a stunt again?

"I am not lying. Believe me. Not for him, but please come for my sake; I can't see him like this. I know what he did is not justifiable, but please give him a chance to apologize."

I thought for a minute - I couldn't decide whether to go or not. By Namrata's voice, it was clear that she was panicking and not lying, but I hadn't yet met Ved. I wanted to first ensure if he was doing fine.

When I was busy pondering over it, Nikhil came beside me and asked me what it was. I told him everything, and he took the phone from me. After asking Sahil's sister the address where we were supposed to meet, he cut the call and called Karthik over.

"Ved is out for some work, and it will take him about two hours to return. Let's go and take care of this matter for once and all. Karthik and I will come with you, and if that bastard tries to do anything, we will teach him a lesson," Nikhil said.

"Yup," Karthik agreed.

I felt relieved to have their assistance and went with them after informing my friends that we would be back soon. I got on Nikhil's bike, while Karthik rode his own. Ten minutes later, we were outside a small, garden themed diner. I spotted Sahil and his sister and headed towards them; Nikhil and Karthik sat at a distance to observe.

"Hi," I said.

"Thanks for coming, Sandhya," Namrata Didi said.

I avoided looking at her brother, who was staring at me since I arrived. I sat down on a chair across from the siblings and told them to get over with whatever they had to say. Namrata nudged Sahil to speak up, but it was like he had turned into a statue.

I snapped my gaze at him; his face was bloated, and his eyes were bloodshot. He didn't look like the carefree person I was used to seeing. His sister shook him up and informed him to apologize or he wouldn't get any other chance.

"I am sorry, Sandhya. I... I shouldn't have acted like that. After you showed me how despicable my thoughts were, I realised that what I was doing was really wrong and not acceptable. I let my insecurities control my actions and disregarded how you felt.