Chapter 101. Sweet dreams

"Sandy Pandy..." Ved winced after he registered my battered image.

He got up from his spot and walked towards me with a pale look. Once he reached me, he moved his right hand forward to check my wounds and cursed as his fingers got covered with blood after rubbing below my left eye.

After roaming his eyes all over me, Ved took off his jacket and covered me. He didn't say anything, but the way his body was going rigid and eyes were turning into slits, I understood that he was going to turn into a Red Hulk soon if I didn't assure him that I and Ayush were not in danger anymore.

"We are okay, Ved," I said and placed the water jug on the floor.

"You are fucking bleeding, Sandhya," he said in frustration.

"He is right, dude. We need to call the police this instant," Shreyas said.

"I already did it after discussing with Ayush's dad, and I have called the ambulance too; they will be here in a few minutes," Shree informed.

Nikhil picked up my phone from the floor and told me that he would inform my parents. He helped Ayush sit on the bed and dialled my dad's number. Few minutes later, he was done informing everyone about what had happened and was beside me, looking like a lost child.

"Sandhya, why didn't you call us?" he questioned.

"Actually, that didn't cross my mind till we got rid of the assaulter," I said.

"Where is he?" Shreyas asked.

"We have locked him up." Ayush pointed at the washroom.

"Ved." I grabbed Ved's arm when he started heading towards the washroom like an enraged bull.

Shreyas and Nikhil helped me in holding him back and told him that getting involved with the culprit would make the matter more worse. And if Ved didn't calm down, he would end up in jail for murdering an unconscious person.

"He deserves to die," Ved huffed.

Shree patted Ved's shoulder and told him to think clearly and glimpsed at me. He gave me a knowing look, and when my slow brain registered what he meant, I nudged Ved to come with me and dragged him outside the room. He kept scolding me for getting hurt and not calling him before jumping in the action.

He was happy that his best friend and I were still alive, but he wasn't happy to see us in such a state. He kept rambling and blaming himself for failing in looking after Ayush; he was disappointed in himself. I let him talk his heart out, but once we reached downstairs, I flicked his forehead.

"It is not your fault, Ved."

"How is it not my fault?" He shook his head. "You are in this condition all because of me."

"Ved-"

"No. Don't try to tell me otherwise. Look at yourself, Sandhya. Do you think I am really happy to see you like this?"

"I don't need your scolding at this moment, Princess," I murmured. "I was expecting a hug, you know."

"I won't hug you." He backed away.

"Why not?" I yelled.

"You are hurt. What if I crushed you, and you died in my arms?"

"What an idiot." I grabbed his shirt and pulled him towards me.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and sighed in relief. "Thank goodness, my Natural Heater is still working."

"Always trying to be a superhero," Ved mumbled under his breath but moved his hands over my back.